Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a new Titan XD PR with the 5.0 diesel engine. I'm looking forward to this forum to learn more about this truck.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Welcome and congratulations
If you haven't done any previous reading.

There is about 4-5 guys with legitimate 1st year issues.

There's a few guys that don't own one but repediatly tell us why the xd is no good.

But then there are the rest of us that own one and couldn't be happier with there purchase.
I am approaching almost 20,000 trouble free km. The closer you get to 10,000 miles it will feel like a different truck power wise, it really comes alive.

·
224 Posts
Welcome and congratulations
If you haven't done any previous reading.

There is about 4-5 guys with legitimate 1st year issues.

There's a few guys that don't own one but repediatly tell us why the xd is no good.

But then there are the rest of us that own one and couldn't be happier with there purchase.
I am approaching almost 20,000 trouble free km. The closer you get to 10,000 miles it will feel like a different truck power wise, it really comes alive.
I've got to say after towing this weekend, and I am approaching my 10k mile oil change, that you are right about the break-in. I noticed smoother downshifts, a little better acceleration, and normal transmission temps even in 95+ degree heat.

MB

·
283 Posts
Welcome aboard chastylr. Now a question for mbalka-- what are you using to measure trans temps?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I've got to say after towing this weekend, and I am approaching my 10k mile oil change, that you are right about the break-in. I noticed smoother downshifts, a little better acceleration, and normal transmission temps even in 95+ degree heat.

MB
And it will continue to improve. I have done about a 1000 or so empty km since my last towing trip. I have averaged pretty much 21 mpg in that time including one regen. There is a couple hills I have done with other trucks that transactions temp really climbs my xd barely moved.

·
147 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on new truck. I've got 4k miles on mine and love it. The size took me a little getting used to coming from an 04 titan CC. I drove back from colorado 13 hrs straight the other day and loved every mile of it. I was enjoying the ride too much to let anybody else drive.

·
93 Posts
Just completed my second tow with my 6800 lb travel trailer over the weekend, 200 miles round trip. This time 2500 miles on the odometer. I thought the truck towed stronger than my first tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
43 Posts
welcome to the group and I will tell you now there are a few with major issues like 3-5 people other then that its a great truck. just remember it is the first year out so you may get some small issue like I did with the sub under the passenger seat. 30 min fix at the dealer.
Also stated earlier there are people that don't own them and talk bad about them. learn first hand how you like them :) post up some pictures of it.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Congrats on your new toy. Does your XD pull slightly right when driving straight? If so, contact dealer to have the aligning adjusted

·
38 Posts
Welcome to the group, what part of Houston? What dealership did you buy your truck at? I also am from the Houston area just XD just turned 5200 miles this is my 3rd Titan and buy far the best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts