Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2018 Titan XD king cab Pro-4X with 24k miles. Nicest truck I’ve ever owned and excited about it. Gonna do research about a whole host of questions.
Live in Fort Worth, TX and work in Dallas, TX.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
They are nice trucks. Congratulations and welcome here.

·
111 Posts
I’ll sum up your research for you in this forum.

1. Your crankshaft is going to break.
2. Your going to have turbo failure
3. You will feel hot air on one side of HVAC and cold air on the other
4. Lift pump is going to fail
5. Nissan hates you
6. Cummins hates you
7. Aisin hates you
8. If you delete your engine it is going to blow up and not be covered under warranty
9. If you do not delete your engine is going to blow up and not be covered under warranty
10. Be sure to check the ground to cylinder #5 injector when you wake up in the morning, and before you go to bed. It would be good to have another person check it too while you are asleep at night.
11. Jayce loves his truck
12. XD Hunter works on them
13. Blackmegacab3500 is apparently a billionaire and created the earth. He knows all, so make sure not to argue with that guy.
14. I love my truck, and I hope it does blow up since I’m deleted and it’s not covered under warranty. That just means I get to spend more time and money with the thing I love most in my life <3

oh and don’t forget the diesel is discontinued so everything is going to fall off the earth and you are going to have to invest into a machine shop and steel to create your own replacement parts.

·
111 Posts
Point is everything you see here, take as a grain of salt. Somethings are helpful, but until your truck blows up I wouldn’t sweat it. These things are pretty incredible

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

5. Nissan hates you
6. Cummins hates you
7. Aisin hates you
8. If you delete your engine it is going to blow up and not be covered under warranty
9. If you do not delete your engine is going to blow up and not be covered under warranty
10. Be sure to check the ground to cylinder #5 injector when you wake up in the morning, and before you go to bed. It would be good to have another person check it too while you are asleep at night.
12. Tree cowboy works on them
13. Blackmegacab3500 is apparently a billionaire and created the earth. He knows all, so make sure not to argue with that guy.
14. I love my truck, and I hope it does blow up since I’m deleted and it’s not covered under warranty. That just means I get to spend more time and money with the thing I love most in my life <3

oh and don’t forget the diesel is discontinued so everything is going to fall off the earth and you are going to have to invest into a machine shop and steel to create your own replacement parts.
Phew... guess I should’ve said I got the gas version. What do I get to plan on there??

mans yes grain of salt taken... loved the post.

·
111 Posts
lol Well sir not sure about that one. I’ve seen some post in here about them but I haven’t paid much attention to them.
Honestly I don’t comment much, but I read through all the threads to learn other people’s point of views, knowledge, or enjoy watching their arguments lol

There’s half that swear by this truck and defend it, the other half speak of a constant catastrophe lurking around the corner. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with either but as I approach 10K with my truck I have nothing but high praises for it.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah... I’ve gathered most here are diesel owners which is cool but I’d read enough to know to stay away from a used one because it was likely someone trying to get rid of a problem. Half the time that’s gas too but mine was traded because of new baby and car seat (king cab doesn’t have much room for that). One of my buddies took it on trade and I ended up getting a deal better than I could have at auction.

I sell medium duty diesel trucks (Hino and Peterbilt) and really didn’t want to have to worry about dealing with a new manufacturer trying to figure out the after treatment system. Especially since UD (Nissan Diesel) had to go to Hino motors to pass emissions years ago before they disappeared from the states.

Hell ... I’m just excited to have a truck again much less a pretty bad ass one at that.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Mine is a gas. I love it. I have never had any interest in a diesel truck. I know too many people that have them because they thought they were the trendy thing to buy, but they never use them to haul ANYTHING.

This is my first ever Nissan. Period. So far no regrets.

Reactions: DieselXD 2018

·
208 Posts
I have a gas as well. So far I love driving it and have been very happy with it. Not trying to start a debate but I personally feel you made a great choice going with the gas with this model.

·
1,311 Posts

5. Nissan hates you
6. Cummins hates you
7. Aisin hates you
12. Tree cowboy works on them

Tree cowboy DOESN'T work on them...it's XDHunter. Geez get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
633 Posts
I know too many people that have them because they thought they were the trendy thing to buy, but they never use them to haul ANYTHING.
That's me. But, I've never used it to haul anything YET.

I love the damn diesel (in a good way).

Reactions: DieselXD 2018
1 - 13 of 13 Posts