Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new owner here. Just purchased a 2017 XD Diesel. I'll be snooping around to see what upgrades i can do. It does have a DEF delete, but i have yet to figure out what the different settings on the switch are for. I attached a picture if anyone can help me out with that, it would be greatly appreciated. Next step, find a train horn. My wife has to have the train horn like or previous Titan. A lot of people don't understand what the left lane is for and how to use a turn signal, so she reminds them. This is my first Diesel outside of the Military so i've got to do some research and figure everything out. Looking forward to learning what can be done for ascetics and performance.

·
1,021 Posts
The switch window different power levels. If it’s hooked up properly, it will be (usually) 30HP intervals, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest.

To see if it’s hooked up, the wire plugs into a connect near your oil fill spout under the hood.

Welcome aboard

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch window different power levels. If it’s hooked up properly, it will be (usually) 30HP intervals, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest.

To see if it’s hooked up, the wire plugs into a connect near your oil fill spout under the hood.

Welcome aboard
Awesome, thank you so much! It was on 2 and i was wondering why it was so hard to pick up on speed. I could feel the torque, but went i set it to 5, dam she'll get up and go now. Thanks again!

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess i'm going to have to crawl around the engine this weekend and figure out what the previous owner has added or removed. Thanks QuikCoastie17, found one of your old threads that pointed me to CFT.

·
1,466 Posts
I’d be real careful with 5 until you find out who the tuning company is. That can be a recipe for disaster. 2-3 are safe. Get a pedal commander and you will be amazed in either of those settings.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’d be real careful with 5 until you find out who the tuning company is. That can be a recipe for disaster. 2-3 are safe. Get a pedal commander and you will be amazed in either of those settings.
Thanks for the heads up, i switched it back to 3 after reading this. Not sure how I'm going to find out that information, as the truck was purchased from a local used car dealer. I did a little digging yesterday evening. I have figured out that it does have a Mishimoto catch can installed. It also appears that the inter-cooler has been upgraded along with hard pipes. It has a simple K&N square filter, nothing fancy. Fuel tank looks stock, still looking for the fuel pump and filters (i got interrupted by a muddy hound dog). Exhaust looks stock, its huge(that's what she said), but appears to have the muffler still attached. (No pic, to wet this morning). No lights under the side rail, but i found the how to and instructions here on the forums, add that to the project list. I dunno what else to check, still sifting through posts on here to figure things out.

I did notice this plug is disconnected, not sure if something was attached to this bracket that the catch can is connected to. Maybe part of the Delete and Tune. I have the Carfax, owner 1-2 was 2 years, so i'm pretty sure they didn't modify anything for the warranty and it was maybe a lease. Third owner was 23 days so that tells me auction, dealer hold. Fourth owner was 1 year and that was in South Carolina. I'll have to see what the state registration can provide me. I'm willing to bet that the previous owner was or is a member here. The mystery plug is below.

·
1,466 Posts
Exhaust still stock? Meaning the DPF is still there? Dumb question but does it smell like a diesel? If it doesn’t it might have been “tuned” but not “deleted”. Not questioning your knowledge just wondering why it would still be there.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exhaust still stock? Meaning the DPF is still there? Dumb question but does it smell like a diesel? If it doesn’t it might have been “tuned” but not “deleted”. Not questioning your knowledge just wondering why it would still be there.
I just ran down stairs and snapped this picture:

I assumed this was stock, but you know what they say about assumptions. And I'm SOL on finding the previous owner, SC will not release the information to a third party unless certain criteria are met, and i don't meet any of them. I can see the fuel assembly now as well, but i'll have to wait and see if that has been upgraded (still too wet to lay on the ground there).

Edit: I was told by the dealer that i did not have to put in any DEF fluid, that it had been deleted. I'm still learning the Jargon here.

·
1,466 Posts
No. You are good. That’s an aftermarket race pipe with a muffler. Did they give you any of the tuning equipment? Maybe the EZ Link, or perhaps was it left in the truck. That will allow you to at least monitor things. Someone smarter than me could chime in as to this but I DON’T THINK it can pick up which tune is installed if you were to connect a new EZLink.
That being said be sure if you ever have any work done don’t let them reflash your ECM.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't found one, unless its hidden somewhere in the truck. I've been through every storage container in the truck. I haven't crawled under the dash yet, cause by the time i get unchained from this computer, i have chores to do around here and then its dark. This weekend, weather pending will let me go more in depth. I've looked it up on line so i know what it looks like.

I'm not going to be able to do any upgrades anyway until i get a new CVT for that Juke on the trailer in the back ground. I burned that up last Saturday.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! Great News, it is tuned under PPEI. So i just have to order the equipment and do the handover. I'm so excited!

·
1,466 Posts
I'm not sure there...but that being said if you can confirm that it's PPEI you are saf(er) going into the higher tunes although I wouldn't do it a lot. See if the EZ-Link is still connected to the OBD port. If it's not I doubt it's there.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes they have the tune registered to my VIN#. I spoke with a young lady there, i just have to purchase an Auto Agent 2 w/OBD cable (they are out of used devices) and pay the $50 handover fee and i'm good to go. I found a unit on Amazon for $480 and some change. She said according to their records, the current tune i have is outdated. Once i get everything set up a tuner will perform the update on my system.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a quick follow-up. The SOTF tune was loaded a few days after my last post. Everything runs great and i have a feel for what the output of each level is. No major upgrades as of yet but i have a shopping list based off the information on here and the FB group. Just ordered the Pedal Commander, got a pretty good deal with points on Amazon.

Next step is to perform a full oil/filter change with AMSOIL. Not that i don't trust the dealer, but in god i trust everyone else i double check. I want a known starting point for scheduled maintenance with known products. Who knows, the previous owner may have rode her hard and put it wet.

Took a short road trip back home, about 834 miles round trip, nothing towed and had no issues. Accidentally rolled coal on a lady driving excessively slow on the back roads as i passed her. Didn't realize it happened until i checked to merge back over, so that was a plus. Running about 17 to 18 mpg depending on the leg of the trip with lots of hills. Loving the truck, very happy with my purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts