Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been having problems with their tailgate? Have an SL and added the electric tailgate lock option. Operation is sporadic. Some days I can't get tailgate to open no matter how hard I pull up on handle, other days it pops right open. Heard this was a know issue at the factory. Wondering if anybody has a fix.

·
4 Posts
I have a non-electronic model, it broke the second day I had the truck, took it to the dealer and they told me it was the second time it had happened on this specific truck. Surly they will have a recall or figure something out...?

·
13 Posts
I'm having the same problem with mine, very sporadic and annoying. I have to get it into the dealer to check it out.

·
8 Posts
Factory Electric tailgate lock

Not 2 weeks old XD Diesel Platinum Reserve with sporadic UNLOCK issues. Always seems to lock but seldom unlocks. There is a TSB and parts are ordered by the dealer. Even with the key you have to really turn it hard to get the manual lock to release. Titan tech could not get it to fail while I was there for 2 hours. According to the internet info, there is an issue with the manual lock, but I don't even get the solenoid to click on the unlock mode very often.
MSRP almost 65K. This should not be still happening.

Other than that I love the truck!!!!:surprise:

·
1,300 Posts
You should try and wave your foot by the bumper and see if that will unlock it, ya never know....lol.

That tail gate issue is no good tho, I don't think it will be long and the recall will be out. Hope you get fixed up!!

Back to the foot thing... buddy's ford suv that has that doesn't work at all his suv has been in the shop 8 or more times for that warrany repair, works for a month than quits... he gave up and pulled the fuse.

·
171 Posts
Had the same problem on delivery, was told by dealer a TSB/Recall fix was on the way and revised parts should be available in September. I was told they had at least 5 on the lot with the same problem you describe.

·
141 Posts
Just got back from the dealer the tab is NTB16-074. Parts are the entire latch assembly and rods.

·
8 Posts
Dealer order TSB parts and installed them about 5 hours ago. New control unit and redesigned lock ,mechanism. New lock is rotated so that the rods exit straight from it instead of complex angle. New foam is installed to keep the rattles from the rods away. Works so far so U am keeping my fingers crossed. Tech was very responsive and not afraid to share info.
The lock was a total redesign and looks like it should work. The control unit could have also been a bad one and was replaced so at this point it would be hard to pinpoint the culprit.

·
8 Posts
Tailgate Issues

Problem was NOT solved. Still random unlocks when requested. ALWAYS locks automatically.
I guess I need to meet with a field service rep and elevate this as it seems to have been too common and gone on too long. This is proven by the number of posts on this issue.:surprise:

·
8 Posts
Took trauck back and told them this was number 3 attempt for the tailgate issue. They kept it and gave me a rental. Called ned day and told me it was fixed and the cause was a bad pin for the ground in the harness. Has been 3 weeks now and has not had a hiccup once. I think my tech hit the solution on the head. Hooray!!!

·
48 Posts
Just brought my truck home today, and I'm having a similar problem. I can hear the unlock solenoid actuate, but it isn't actually unlocking the tailgate. It won't unlock with the key either. The cylinder rotates and the handle will come up, but the tailgate still won't come open.

I have to deliver it to service to have a auto dimming mirror installed, so I guess I'll have to have them look at it. Outcome TBD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts