Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bit the bullet yesterday and traded my f150 for a 2016 titan XD diesel. This is my first diesel truck. I've been around tractors all my life but that is a completely different world. A delete will be in the future. For now though what is the best oil to run. I was thinking either Shafer's or rotella. And what filters are the best. Many thanks in advance.

·
275 Posts
Welcome, dude!
For what it's worth, I've been running Rotella, and you'll find that a lot of other owners on here do, too. You'll also find that EVERYBODY has their own oil preference, and there are multiple threads dedicated to that very topic - brew up some coffee and hit the search bar, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Regarding filters, I just run the OEM ones that can be purchased easily from EBay or Amazon. You've got two fuel filters, one under the hood and another along the frame on the driver's side. The oil filter is standard stuff, and changing all three can be done in an hour or so if you're moderately handy. Just be gentle removing the used fuel filters, and be sure to lube the o-rings on each - they can be irritating as hell if you pinch 'em and get air in the fuel system.

·
594 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As for oil, yes, everyone will have his own opinion. But for me, I’d used Rotella T5 10W30 (synthetic blend) and Rotella T6 5W40 (full synthetic, for winter). But since the last oil change, I started to use Amsoil 10W30 full synthetic. I will probably use this brand and grade hereon. I use Amsoil for transmission and diff as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts