Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have owned two new vehicles in my 47 years....23 years ago this month I bought a Nissan Hard Body SE-V6 extracab 4WD....
Today I took Delivery of a Nissan Titan XD Pro4x.....
Lots of deliberation, drove all the domestics, called the volume discount dealers but in the end I went to my local dealer, picked up my truck and traded in the 2011 Titan I have loved.

Attachments

·
207 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: nissansince93

·
167 Posts
Congrats, Nice truck. I contemplated the two tone silver as well because it was first on the lot and it looked really good. But they brought a gun metal grey in so went that route. Love the truck the more I drive it the more certain I am that I made the right decision with it.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drove and worked through pricing and equipment on all three domestics initially and narrowed to the GMC in Denali trim, and the Dodge in Laramie trim
I work as the General Sales Manager at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and have lots of "friends in the business" so after pushing on them a bit I landed on the Nissan for Price/content....also don't really want/need the capabilities/drive traits of the 3/4 domestics
This whole thing started by allowing my beautiful wife to choose the size of our travel trailer and quickly realized our 2011 Titan would not handle it...
Maybe I am the niche customer but man I love this new truck!

·
658 Posts
I drove and worked through pricing and equipment on all three domestics initially and narrowed to the GMC in Denali trim, and the Dodge in Laramie trim
I work as the General Sales Manager at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and have lots of "friends in the business" so after pushing on them a bit I landed on the Nissan for Price/content....also don't really want/need the capabilities/drive traits of the 3/4 domestics
This whole thing started by allowing my beautiful wife to choose the size of our travel trailer and quickly realized our 2011 Titan would not handle it...
Maybe I am the niche customer but man I love this new truck!
How big is the travel trailer?

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
28ft Cougar
6500 dry
prob close to 8000 with gear water etc
2011 Titan with heavy tow had prob over hwy 80 through the sierras
put airbags on it and bilstien leveling kit/shocks.....40mph in the slow lane dicing with the tractor trailers for supremacy was too much to deal with....took years off my life.....too many times with the stability control kicking in telling me the trailer was trying to push me through a corner......
ecstatic now.

·
658 Posts
28ft Cougar
6500 dry
prob close to 8000 with gear water etc
2011 Titan with heavy tow had prob over hwy 80 through the sierras
put airbags on it and bilstien leveling kit/shocks.....40mph in the slow lane dicing with the tractor trailers for supremacy was too much to deal with....took years off my life.....too many times with the stability control kicking in telling me the trailer was trying to push me through a corner......
ecstatic now.
Sounds like the XD will be perfect for that load.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts