Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All. Just picked up a 2019 pro4x xd. Looking to purchase a Travel trailer that’s 33’ long and about 6800 dry weight.

what items do you recommend one purchase to get started out with towing\hauling? like. Hitch or win or? All recommendations are welcome

cheers and see you on the road

·
551 Posts
Welcome! Nice choice, the pro4x is a nice trim package. Diesel or gas? I'd get a weight distribution hitch and air bags. The air bags aren't necessary by any means, but it helps level the load. Personally dont have the airbags yet but they're on the list.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
34 Posts
Gas or diesel will affect your payload significantly. Diesel engine is much heavier, plus the def tank. But either way you’re good for the weight if you get a good weight distribution hitch. There’s another thread that people all give suggestions. I don’t have bags and my 8-10k trailer sits fine. I gave the equalizer WD hitch system. Love it.

·
70 Posts
I've been happy with the Camco Recurve R3 1000 weight distribution hitch with adjustable sway control. Recurve R3 1000lb Hitch Kit | Eaz-Lift . If your tongue weight substantially over 1000# get the 1500. Got it for just over $300 at Camping World. You could pay a LOT more but why? It is super easy to install (friggin thieves at camping world wanted $185 to hook it up! lmao).

My Heartland Fuel F-250 toyhauler is 6700 dry, but when toyed-up it is just shy of 9000#. I did add a RDS 60 gallon Transfer tank/toolbox combo that rides in the bed for extra range if needed...can't just pull into any gas station anymore and with 33' you're gonna have less choices than I do.

Was planning on trekking to Montana this summer but now THE virus is causing the weak-kneed to hoard TP and crashing the markets! The sky is falling! Oh my! Maybe it'll all blow over by May?

·
3 Posts
All. Just picked up a 2019 pro4x xd. Looking to purchase a Travel trailer that’s 33’ long and about 6800 dry weight.

what items do you recommend one purchase to get started out with towing\hauling? like. Hitch or win or? All recommendations are welcome

cheers and see you on the road
You'll be fine with the XD. I have towed a 8500 (fully loaded) 32' travel trailer in the southern states (mostly flat) and it was no problem at all. Just make sure you make a good choice with your WDH. I run a blue-ox with 1500 lb bars. Very stable.

·
36 Posts
Have the same spec TT and I have the Equilizer hitch with 1000lb bars. I use 7 washers for the tilt back and had to get the six inch drop for the right height for my trailer. You will need to level the trailer at dealer lot and measure the hitch height so you can get the proper drop hitch before picking up the trailer. I've seen many people buy the wrong drop and then pick up trailer and the dealer has to kinda improvise to get the customer on their way. You don't want this. Do not get over 1200lb bars for that trailer with the equalizer wdh.

·
24 Posts
Do you
Have the same spec TT and I have the Equilizer hitch with 1000lb bars. I use 7 washers for the tilt back and had to get the six inch drop for the right height for my trailer. You will need to level the trailer at dealer lot and measure the hitch height so you can get the proper drop hitch before picking up the trailer. I've seen many people buy the wrong drop and then pick up trailer and the dealer has to kinda improvise to get the customer on their way. You don't want this. Do not get over 1200lb bars for that trailer with the equalizer wdh.
Happen to have part numbers? Pics of your setup

·
36 Posts
If possible get the 2 5/16" ball pre-installed. It wasn't easy to put on because the space is limited to hold the nut. Photos show the part numbers from the Equalizer site.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
34 Posts
Yeah it tells you on the hitch page that you need the slim head for the ratchet. And it’s still a pain in the butt. Again, it comes with 6” brackets. Check to see if you need 8 or 10”.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts