Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I bought my 2016 nissan titan XD Pro 4x 5.0 March of 2020 just before the pandemic hit. It had 72k mile on it and decent maintenance history. So far i like the truck but i don't love it. It was cheap enough that even with the issues ill mention later i don't regret the purchase.I use the vehicle as a daily driver and i have done some off roading/overlanding which is really why i bought the truck. I understand that the weight and length of the truck meant that it wasn't the best choice for that but it was much more affordable then anything else. It has done well off road, having no trouble with the few trails ive taken it on. I have since made multiple modifications and had to deal with two CEL: turbo actuator fail and a coolant reservoir sensor.

Mods:
285/75r18 toyo at3 tires
Bilstein shocks 6100 front, 5160 rear
Atoto s8 premium head unit/front camera
ARE Z-seris cap
Zroads dual hood mounting bracket(no lights yet)

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
65 Posts
Hey everybody, I bought my 2016 nissan titan XD Pro 4x 5.0 March of 2020 just before the pandemic hit. It had 72k mile on it and decent maintenance history. So far i like the truck but i don't love it. It was cheap enough that even with the issues ill mention later i don't regret the purchase.I use the vehicle as a daily driver and i have done some off roading/overlanding which is really why i bought the truck. I understand that the weight and length of the truck meant that it wasn't the best choice for that but it was much more affordable then anything else. It has done well off road, having no trouble with the few trails ive taken it on. I have since made multiple modifications and had to deal with two CEL: turbo actuator fail and a coolant reservoir sensor.

Mods:
285/75r18 toyo at3 tires
Bilstein shocks 6100 front, 5160 rear
Atoto s8 premium head unit/front camera
ARE Z-seris cap
Zroads dual hood mounting bracket(no lights yet)

View attachment 46694
Welcome from Texas! I love the white and gray two tone! Truck looks great! You also bought your truck and one of the best times before the inflation and terrible vehicle market.

·
5 Posts
Awesome looking truck bud. Love the white on gray and that cap. I just ordered a softopper for mine but I think the hard caps look so much better.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the truck actually came with the cap. I wish it had windoors or something not being able to access the bed from the sides has been frustrating.

·
5 Posts
Oh that’s a bummer. I love using those little titan boxes in the bed. I know you said it had bilstein suspension, but is that the one that came from the factory? I’m just trying to see if I could run 285s on my truck without rubbing issues.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh that’s a bummer. I love using those little titan boxes in the bed. I know you said it had bilstein suspension, but is that the one that came from the factory? I’m just trying to see if I could run 285s on my truck without rubbing issues.
They are bilstein 6100 its a 2.5 inch adjustable shock in the front and the rear is 2 inch with resivoir. The 285s will rub I've done a decent amount of cutting and still get rubbing when turning in driveways, ruts, etc maybe upper control arms will not sure yet. Shocks are great btw highly recommended about 1400$ for all 4, budget option if you can't afford icon lift kit but want something better then rough country or pro comp kits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts