Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently finished the CFT EGR solution with upgraded intercooler tubing. I have fixed the OEM exhaust, 4" straight pipe running GDP SOTF tunes on EZLynk. The truck runs 100x better with the EGR solution or maybe its in my head.
What have you all done next to squeeze out some more power. Not looking for a single turbo or anything crazy. What's the next step to make it a little more fun to drive?

·
1,021 Posts
A tune that’s actually designed to run with the EGR kit. Do you have unlimited support? Get a revision if you do. Run a few datalogs with your EZLynk and send those in to your tuner.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do have the unlimited support. Thanks for the advice, I will have to get in contact with GDP. Do you have any experience with tuning updates for EGR kits?

·
104 Posts
Maybe a stupid question but why would you have to retune? It’s different than just turning the valve closed?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted GDP and they told me that the current tune supports all of the changes in the cft kit.

·
1,021 Posts
Maybe a stupid question but why would you have to retune? It’s different than just turning the valve closed?
Not a stupid question. The kit complete replaces the EGR with straight pipe/block off plate. Additionally, it replaces the intercooler piping to accord steel the new setup on the cold side. The tunes just keep the valves closed, however I noticed on the ‘big’ tunes, the EGR would creep open under boost ever so slightly.

The tuner that I use offers a revision after that kit is installed. It will net you some more power and it flow more efficiently and builds boost quicker.

I think a lot of tuners are just done messing with our trucks, to be honest. They move on to new model years, dedicating R&D to those companies and their trucks.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What tuner have you found has made adjustments for the egr delete?
From all of my contact with GDP they fall into the done messing with it category.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts