Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lease a truck for work and considering upgrading to a 2500 and likely a diesel. I had driven the Ram 2500 Cummins twice now. I like it quite a bit and while I dont have a ton of miles on my 1500 Hemi, it has been the best truck I have ever owned. I had not even considered an XD but saw one sitting in front of the Nissan store and had a few minutes so I went and drove it.

I looked it over pretty closely. It was a 2wd SL Cummins. I immediately noticed that the underpinnings of the truck were far less substanstial on the Nissan. Brakes calipers, axles, differential, frame rails all seemed notieably smaller than the components on the dodge. The interior was pretty close on the XD maybe a 1/2 step down, my ram has a nicer screen and interface and the interior materials seem a fraction better. I also looked at a platinum, either one is livable IMO however the seats in the Platinum were really soft, wonder how they would stand up to use?

Ride and drive I thought was VERY good. It rode a little more smoothly than the unladen dodge, steering felt a tad more direct, the truck felt a little more agile if you can say that about a big truck. I liked the refinement of the drivetrain. It had good power but seemed like you needed to really input the throttle to get it to respond and it was a little slow to downshift. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. I have some time to think it over but think I will definitely keep the XD on the list. I think it too pricey, I am sure that is probably a concern , but if I could get a sizable discount, I could see myself in one. Nice truck!

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I seem to have some bias against the XD, lol, I THOUGHT the components were smaller, but I have read they are the same or BETTER than F250/Ram. I like it better now that I know more about it. Some of the things I noticed today make sense to me now. And FYI, I bought a new 2004 Titan and drove it for about 4 years and had a good experience with that truck.

·
1,300 Posts
I had a 11 3500 Ram fully loaded and honestly i wish this truck came out sooner, I would have never bought the Ram in the first place. When you get more mile in the drivers seat you really start to feel how well the truck behaves on the road and yes this truck is build very strong makes a f150 look like a joke really. This truck is built to last and serve a purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts