Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Looking at the geometric complexity in the crank/rod linkages and servo system that drives them, no thank you. Not to mention the whole mess tied to a CVT, nope, not gonna even entertain the idea...lol:surprise: The reactive stresses and alone in this setup, would negate it's uses for anything more than small sedans. That's just one more variable I don't need to think about when dialing in air and fuel. Could you imagine interpolating that data as an end user...yikes, heck even the OEM's...and you think we're quinea pigs;) I wonder how they deal with inefficiencies in flame propagation at various compression ratios during transitions on and off power through various revs. Not to mention injection events (dwell and impact)...crap man. Good on them for thinking outta the box, but good luck putting that humpty dumpty back together again after a failure:grin2:

BigRed

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the geometric complexity in the crank/rod linkages and servo system that drives them, no thank you. Not to mention the whole mess tied to a CVT, nope, not gonna even entertain the idea...lol:surprise: The reactive stresses and alone in this setup, would negate it's uses for anything more than small sedans. That's just one more variable I don't need to think about when dialing in air and fuel. Could you imagine interpolating that data as an end user...yikes, heck even the OEM's...and you think we're quinea pigs;) I wonder how they deal with inefficiencies in flame propagation at various compression ratios during transitions on and off power through various revs. Not to mention injection events (dwell and impact)...crap man. Good on them for thinking outta the box, but good luck putting that humpty dumpty back together again after a failure:grin2:

BigRed
Your definitely more the engine guy. But I do give them credit. 20 yrs into an engine that's some commitment.

·
507 Posts
2018 qx50 is the first. So about a year.
Check back in late 2017,
Every company seems to holler they have revolutionized the internal combustion engine, and then it does not. Instead, little bits slowly show up in their cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts