Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan has taken an odd approach in introducing the Titan to the market. With the XD diesel model being the first available, to be followed by the XD gasoline model in the spring, and now we are told that the half-ton Titan will arrive this summer.

The half-ton Titan will be powered by the same 5.6-liter gasoline V-8 engine as the gasoline powered XD model. It produces 390 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque.

There are yet more derivations of the Titan coming as well. A gasoline V-6 is still coming, but that engine option likely won't be available until 2017.

The gasoline powered models still don't have a price tag, and we don't have any specs on the V-6 model.

Anyone planning on getting the half-ton Titan this summer?

·
1,265 Posts
No, it's the diesel or nothing for me....

·
14 Posts
I wish Nissan would announce an arrival time for the king cab xd already. I assume they haven't begun making the shorter frames yet... Side note, a dealer called to tell me they had an SL in and that it got 38 mpg.... I laughed and told him it's not April fools yet but nice try

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure that the diesel was introduced first so that people are drawn onto the lot, and then the other options are there to have more thigns to suggest to make sure that they end up leaving having bought something.

·
169 Posts
I'm sure you're right Forge.

I'd guess they knew the diesel would get the headlines and excitement up, get people on lots, then they can see what else is there. I will admit, other than the diesel, the interior is kind of a draw. Not enough to buy, as that's the diesel, but it's certainly nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts