Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
313 Posts
Great explanation of the name and their inspiration for the new titan.
The movie 300 plays into it too well!
Yeah, that was interesting about how the 300 helmet design was translated into the headlights.

For the most part, I find designers speak a totally foreign, totally vague language. But that guy wasn't too bad. The interior design guy though was totally blah.

He does mention a new V6 and V8 with the old lighter frame upgraded a bit, but still not clear if the V8 will be avail with the newer heavier XD frame.

He also lies flat out about how innovative the truck is with factory spray-in bed liner, bed lights and brake controller. Cmon!!!

There was some talk here about maybe Hill descent control involving Exhaust braking. But he says it's strictly a transmission operation. Again there's no mention of an Exhaust Brake in the XD. :crying2:

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He also lies flat out about how innovative the truck is with factory spray-in bed liner, bed lights and brake controller. Cmon!!!

Precisely, you'd think these guys would know their industry...makes me doubt everything else he says.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Precisely, you'd think these guys would know their industry...makes me doubt everything else he says.
He also lies flat out about how innovative the truck is with factory spray-in bed liner, bed lights and brake controller. Cmon!!
Nissan was the first OEM to offer spray-in bedliner in their pickups. It isn't a lie or incorrect to still call that an innovative feature, something carried over from the previous generation. There is no doubt it's a salesmans tactic and may not be as relevant now, but it isn't a lie.

·
313 Posts
Nissan was the first OEM to offer spray-in bedliner in their pickups. It isn't a lie or incorrect to still call that an innovative feature, something carried over from the previous generation. There is no doubt it's a salesmans tactic and may not be as relevant now, but it isn't a lie.
OK, I thought he said the Titan XD was the first with it ...

What's most innovative to me about the XD is it's positioning in the "Heavy-Half-ton almost 3/4 ton" market with a capable diesel. And frankly I don't think the non-XD Titan line will be that interesting.

AFAIK all the fancy electronic sensor stuff is already available on other truck brands as most of that is just outsourced and readily available from suppliers like Bosch and others.

Mostly like the interior/exterior design but would not call it innovative. The seats sound nice but don't know how innovative they are ... ?

I'm not a fan-boy but IMHO the most innovative Truck company right now is Ford, with the Al body and V6 EcoBoost engines. But they're not selling a Cummins in an XD size truck.

·
857 Posts
Yeah, that was interesting about how the 300 helmet design was translated into the headlights.

For the most part, I find designers speak a totally foreign, totally vague language. But that guy wasn't too bad. The interior design guy though was totally blah.

He does mention a new V6 and V8 with the old lighter frame upgraded a bit, but still not clear if the V8 will be avail with the newer heavier XD frame.

There was some talk here about maybe Hill descent control involving Exhaust braking. But he says it's strictly a transmission operation. Again there's no mention of an Exhaust Brake in the XD. :crying2:
Yeah I know what you mean, he basically speaks TRUCKS.

What helps is the name of the truck "Titan" as it sets a foundation of direction to go into, less chance of them f-ing it up!
The name attached to the truck had to live up to what the name means and thankfully they did that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts