Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 xd platinum reserve doesnt offer remote start on my app. Anyone able to use that with a 2018 or older? Just got am annoying email from nissan connect encouraging me to fully enjoy the features that I apparently dont have on my truck...

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
My 2018 xd platinum reserve doesnt offer remote start on my app. Anyone able to use that with a 2018 or older? Just got am annoying email from nissan connect encouraging me to fully enjoy the features that I apparently dont have on my truck...
Hello TreeCowboy
Remote start is an option that has to be installed in the truck's wiring, option from factory or after at dealer. Does your Key Fob is 4 button look like this.. if so, then it has remote.. If not you can added it, it's about $275,, plus the Dealers needs to program the Fob and system for it to work.. may cost if added totally $400+..

Regards,
Ric

Attachments

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello TreeCowboy
Remote start is an option that has to be installed in the truck's wiring, option from factory or after at dealer. Does your Key Fob is 4 button look like this.. if so, then it has remote.. If not you can added it, it's about $275,, plus the Dealers needs to program the Fob and system for it to work.. may cost if added totally $400+..

Regards,
Ric
Nissan connect app - as in phone app remote start. My fob works fine but it can be done on the phone app now as per email i just recieved. Want to start my 2018 truck from my phone if possible.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Learned something new every day.. Thanks.. Enjoy Let me know if, how and when you get it to work...? wonder if that applies to 2016's as well..
Regards,
Ric

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
The Nissan Connect App will start your truck, flash your lights, honk your horn... among other things. But, it comes at a price. Is it worth it, not to me. I cancelled because it's kind of expensive.

·
275 Posts
Does the Nissan Connect App serve as a wifi hot spot for inside of the truck as well? I purchased my truck used from a GM dealer so I didn't get the rundown of all the features. I know some other brands have built in wifi hot spots(must pay for cellular). I would really enjoy this on my truck as I am going to install an iPad in my truck for a media center and gauges that are more useful than the ones Nissan gave me.

·
453 Posts
Nissan connect app - as in phone app remote start. My fob works fine but it can be done on the phone app now as per email i just recieved. Want to start my 2018 truck from my phone if possible.
I looked into the same solution once I realized how lousy the stock autostart is. The range was terrible and quite often it wouldn't reach from my kitchen to the garage.

We skipped Nissan Connect and went with a Drone Mobile autostart on both vehicles. $350 installed and the service works out to $2.75/month.

It works so flawlessly I'm going to drop it off so they can set the AUX buttons to turn on my steering wheel heater and heated seats.

·
66 Posts
My 2018 xd platinum reserve doesn't offer remote start on my app. Anyone able to use that with a 2018 or older? Just got am annoying email from nissan connect encouraging me to fully enjoy the features that I apparently don't have on my truck...

There are two Apps labeled Nissan Connect. (In the iPhone App Store) Make sure you have the correct one. Mine works like a charm. (When I use it) I only use it for 2 months out of the year, Winter. ($20/mo. is too much for this LIMITED App. But I do like it. I work in a secured bldg. so my fob-signal won't work)

Also, I'm not sure if you have setup/registered an account with the Nissan Portal/Connect. That is where I go to turn my Service on and off, as needed. I'm thinking that YOU would still need to register your vehicle. (outside of the Dealer affiliation)

I hope you get it working correctly. It's pretty cool but it is NOT what Nissan describes it to be.

Syndrome:
The Nissan Connect is not wifi. Its just an App.
As far as I know, there has to be a wifi module installed in your truck to access and use a wifi plan/network. I dont have the module but I did look at Nissan Parts, to find the part number because I want to add it, in the near future.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Learning some things about all this.. Appreciate all that is shared.. here is the Nissan Part No. and info for the Actual WiFi Module that can be added to your Titan.. It is Spendy, not sure it will be of help maybe someone has one and can shed light on functional value, etc
WiFi

Part No.: T99Q84RA0A

Your Price: $420.00

Retail Price: $450.00

View Details
Nissan WiFi powered by Autonet Mobile enables you to seamlessly conduct Internet activities in stationary or moving vehicles. Your vehicle becomes a roving hotspot, connecting up to five WiFi-enabled devices to the Internet.
4G WiFi enables you to seamlessly and securely connect to the internet.
Connects up to 5 WiFi-enabled devices.
Applications include Parental Controls, Find My Car, Geo Zone Alerts, Speed Tracker, Curfew Alerts and Valet Mode.
Works while the vehicle is stationary or moving.
Not sure this is of any value for Remote Start??

·
453 Posts
If your need is for a wifi hotspot, it's probably cheaper to use your phone. Most wireless plans let you create your own wifi hotspot on your phone for free. No need for another wireless account/plan/charge.

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 2018 xd platinum reserve doesn't offer remote start on my app. Anyone able to use that with a 2018 or older? Just got am annoying email from nissan connect encouraging me to fully enjoy the features that I apparently don't have on my truck...

There are two Apps labeled Nissan Connect. (In the iPhone App Store) Make sure you have the correct one. Mine works like a charm. (When I use it) I only use it for 2 months out of the year, Winter. ($20/mo. is too much for this LIMITED App. But I do like it. I work in a secured bldg. so my fob-signal won't work)

Also, I'm not sure if you have setup/registered an account with the Nissan Portal/Connect. That is where I go to turn my Service on and off, as needed. I'm thinking that YOU would still need to register your vehicle. (outside of the Dealer affiliation)

I hope you get it working correctly. It's pretty cool but it is NOT what Nissan describes it to be.

Syndrome:
The Nissan Connect is not wifi. Its just an App.
As far as I know, there has to be a wifi module installed in your truck to access and use a wifi plan/network. I dont have the module but I did look at Nissan Parts, to find the part number because I want to add it, in the near future.
You were right on. Installed the other app and was able to lock and start etc. mine must have a wifi module. This morning i had less than 3 gallons in tank and was parked on a decline. Started truck and engine light came on. Minute later i get an email from nissan connect notifying me i had low fuel level and that after i fill it up and turn my truck on and off for two or more trips the light would go off! Crazy!

·
66 Posts
View Details
Nissan WiFi powered by Autonet Mobile enables you to seamlessly conduct Internet activities in stationary or moving vehicles. Your vehicle becomes a roving hotspot, connecting up to five WiFi-enabled devices to the Internet.
4G WiFi enables you to seamlessly and securely connect to the internet.
Connects up to 5 WiFi-enabled devices.
Applications include Parental Controls, Find My Car, Geo Zone Alerts, Speed Tracker, Curfew Alerts and Valet Mode.
Works while the vehicle is stationary or moving.
Not sure this is of any value for Remote Start??

Hey fueldog67.
I'm not sure if you've looked, but as far as (Find My Car, Geo Zone Alerts, Speed Tracker, Curfew Alerts and Valet Mode) the features mentioned above, the Nissan Connect App does all that for $20/mo. (Out plans; $15 or $25/mo.)
Like I mentioned before, it is not what Nissan says it is but it works for my main purpose, to keep tabs on where my truck is and what it is doing/did. Security, for me. (If it Starts; If it moves; if it travels a certain distance; Valet alert; Location notification; Speed alert; Push routes to the vehicle; Did I mention Remote Start via satellite signal. LoL)

I'm thankful that I can afford to waist $20 for a few months out of the year and it does the basics, that I want.
Nissan says that more Apps will be added to interact with the App. But it hasn't happened since 2015. That's why I say it may not be worth the money to most. (If you believe and wait on Nissans mission-statement to cone true about this particular App)

Treecowboy:
I'm happy to hear you got it working. And I really believe that you will grow to learn it and like it, ESPECIALLY since it's FREE!!! LoL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
1 Posts
I just bought a new 21 Ultima SR with the premium package was told I had Nissan connect services which is what is used to auto start the car lock the locks that kind of stuff I just found out I don’t have that I had to pay $600 to install another program to do those things but I don’t understand why you can’t upgrade from the connect to the connect services if you already have the connect system set upNone of it makes sense to me and nissan really needs to get on the ball and I have this as an option I was told online that my car should’ve had it none of it makes sense can somebody tell me if it’s an option that Nissan does offer as an upgrade

1 - 14 of 14 Posts