Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
625 Posts
Every one get this notice via email today? and does anybody really know what is tied to this?
I know the SOS button, will this affect Siris radio as well?
Does not effect Sirius / XM radio. It is the Nissan Connect services which will no longer function. The remote start, remote unlock, remote location, geo-fence and speed alerts, for example, are some of the services that will no longer work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
396 Posts
It's because the AT&T 3G cellular network which the system uses is going away. Kinda sucks they can't upgrade the gear to 4G.

Reactions: jokergc

·
625 Posts
Pretty sure Nissan would be happy to sell you a new vehicle with the updated system which doesn't rely on AT&T 3G.

Makes me longer whether locking it in to just AT&T 3G involved a financial incentive btwn the two companies or it was just Nissan cheaping out on the communications equipment. With normal commercial equipment there shouldn't be any problem switching to another carrier within that band, additionally every other cellphone-tablet-tracker seems to be able to swap between carriers & bands & engage in "roaming" behavior.

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
443 Posts
Meh. Never used any of that business.

·
1 Posts
Does not effect Sirius / XM radio. It is the Nissan Connect services which will no longer function. The remote start, remote unlock, remote location, geo-fence and speed alerts, for example, are some of the services that will no longer work.

This is crazy I paid for this where is my refund

·
74 Posts
I just called Nissan Connect about this. It only affects 2018 and earlier trucks. Those trucks use ATT 3G to provide the Nissan Connect services.
2019 and later trucks use Sirius XM to provide the services.

·
3 Posts
Every one get this notice via email today? and does anybody really know what is tied to this?
I know the SOS button, will this affect Siris radio as well?
Hi - I did not receive any kind of note from Nissan, and a quick google search didn't reveal anything online. Do you have a link to the announcement?

My 2017 Nissan lost NissanConnect capabilities and I've been trying to understand what happened.

·
3 Posts
After adding "AT&T" to my search string, I found this on Nissan's web site. Looks like Nissan is effectively saying, "not our problem." Urgh...

"The NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV & Services telematics programs will be affected by AT&T's decision to discontinue its 3G cellular network. On February 22, 2022, all Nissan vehicles equipped with telematics hardware compatible for use with the 3G cellular network will be unable to access NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV features. New enrollments for these vehicles will also no longer be allowed after June 1, 2021. After this point, customers who are not already enrolled in a telematics trial or subscription will be unable to access services for their vehicle. The decision to discontinue 3G network coverage was not made by Nissan and this change is not within Nissan's control."

·
733 Posts
Long shot, but most cellular modems used in OE equipment are either mini-PCI or mSATA boards that just plug into a main board... if they're using one of these, theoretically you should be able to crack open whichever computer has it installed and swap out the modem for a new 4G or 5G modem, and because of backwards compatibility requirements for modems, the computer should not see any difference at all.

Reactions: HWTechGuy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts