Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan had a massive investment in the diesel Titan . But they lost faith in it and said we don’t want anything to do with it going forward .

Should I have faith in it if Nissan don’t ? I don’t think so ...I lost faith in it Just like Nissan did so I sold my Titan. I liked it but if the manufacturer don’t want anything else to do with it why should I ?

Some are keeping theirs I hope it works out for them but when the manufacturer says No longer interested in it the hand writing on the wall is not to promising .

Some say Nissan must support it for so long ........maybe they will....but will those long waits waits for hard to find parts be worth it ?

Will the arguments about warranty work be worth it ?

Will the lack of updates and tech training be a problem ?

I had a good tech at my dealership I told him I sold my truck and why, he said there was already a seeming lack of support on the tech side at Nissan .

The truck was nice I liked it but if Nissan lost faith in it ........Why shouldn’t I ?

·
394 Posts
I had concerns. I wrote Nissan and receive a good response and a telephone call a day later. I am holding on to mine because of it being a good well built truck that performs as designed. I also just can’t afford to make a change to a comparably equiptment truck every time there is a gray cloud in the sky. My 2000 Dodage Ram with the 5.9 Cummins and the automatic Tran was a gremlin cursed beast that I repaired and redesigned many short commons that dodge knew about and would not fess up to for 300,000 miles so, point is, if you got a good one keep it and drive the crap out of it. If you got a bad one take a loss and get ride of it, but quit your sniveling.

·
1,313 Posts
Nissan had a massive investment in the diesel Titan . But they lost faith in it and said we don’t want anything to do with it going forward .

Should I have faith in it if Nissan don’t ? I don’t think so ...I lost faith in it Just like Nissan did so I sold my Titan. I liked it but if the manufacturer don’t want anything else to do with it why should I ?

Some are keeping theirs I hope it works out for them but when the manufacturer says No longer interested in it the hand writing on the wall is not to promising .

Some say Nissan must support it for so long ........maybe they will....but will those long waits waits for hard to find parts be worth it ?

I had a good tech at my dealership I told him I sold my truck and why, he said there was already a seeming lack of support on the tech side at Nissan .

The truck was nice I liked it but if Nissan lost faith in it ........Why shouldn’t I ?
Im convinced of 4 things:

1) This is a great truck all around
2) Nissan dont know how to market a diesel truck worth a shit
3) Reviewers of diesel trucks get kickbacks from the big three
4) sissy ass, tire-kickin consumers didnt give this truck a real shot

Your logic is flawed. Every great product does NOT always sell. Living by what ifs aint the best motto for life imho

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I really wish every little cry baby in here that leaves would just shut the fuck up and leave. Nobody wants to hear your whiney excuse. Seriously, we dont need to hear your reasoning, man up and just trade and leave the forum
Oh it’s done gone !

Nissan don’t like it and got rid of it ....I followed their example .

Does your moma know you have a potty mouth ?

·
635 Posts
Oh it’s done gone !

Nissan don’t like it and got rid of it ....I followed their example .

Does your moma know you have a potty mouth ?
Dude blow me.... I'm a grown ass man, this ain't got nothing to do with my mom. Secondly nissan never said they didnt like it, their marketing sucks with all their vehicles. Personally I'm glad ya gone. 👌👌✌✌

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude blow me.... I'm a grown ass man, this ain't got nothing to do with my mom. Secondly nissan never said they didnt like it, their marketing sucks with all their vehicles. Personally I'm glad ya gone. 👌👌✌✌

Yeah peeking out your mom’s basement window and pecking out naughty words on the internet . If she catches you she will turn the breaker off to her basement then your foul mouth stuff will end .

·
1,313 Posts
Yeah peeking out your mom’s basement window and pecking out naughty words on the internet . If she catches you she will turn the breaker off to her basement then your foul mouth stuff will end .
Go find a “i dont got a Cummins anymore” support group forum. You're dismissed.

·
238 Posts
Anthropomorphism - assigning human attributes to a non-human thing. It sounds like it was a mathematical decision based upon profit/loss. Nothing to do with faith or trust or anything emotional like that. A simple business decision.

We're in our 3rd decade of Datsun/Nissan vehicles and Nissan dropping the Cummins from the XD line won't change that. We're glad we got the XD diesel while they offered it and plan on driving this truck many, many years into retirement.

·
77 Posts
My wife works at the local dealership, Nissan failed to fulfill the contract they had with Cummins, so they cancelled it. This is Nissan corporates fault pure and simple. No marketing no promotion and they just expected people to come running. The ineptitude of a multinational corporation leadership is baffling that they even stay in business. Factor in the fact that alot (not all) of dealer leadership are clueless toads and it just adds to the problem. I am keeping my truck till it won't drive no more.

·
132 Posts
My wife works at the local dealership, Nissan failed to fulfill the contract they had with Cummins, so they cancelled it. This is Nissan corporates fault pure and simple. No marketing no promotion and they just expected people to come running. The ineptitude of a multinational corporation leadership is baffling that they even stay in business. Factor in the fact that alot (not all) of dealer leadership are clueless toads and it just adds to the problem. I am keeping my truck till it won't drive no more.
Interesting take, I would like to hear more from this side of it. I love the truck (except for the paint) but hate Nissan as a company to the point I will never buy from them again. I will keep the truck until the wheels fall off, then put new wheels on it, just because I like it. As I can fix almost any system on the truck I don't care about Nissan's commitment to it, but like any dealer if you pay for it they will fix it. Hell, we know Cummins isnt going anywhere, so there should be parts for a good long time.

·
19 Posts
Nissan teamed with FCA and Cummins, FCA pulled out because they believed customers in the 1/2 ton market would choose mileage economy over power. They had the Italian Junk Diesel already in their pipeline.

Nissan thought the Cummins affiliation would be a shortcut to increased market share.

Both misjudged:

- FCA(RAM) ecodiesel had a disastrous run, the new 2020 probably will be the same if not worse.

- Nissan dropped the ball with their austere advertising, depending instead on riding on Cummins coattails

Too bad for we consumers as Duramax and Powerstroke are inferior compared to Cummins.

I’ll keep my fluids fresh, service current and baby my kitten until 4-500,000 while driving bye all the inferior trucks on the road.

Happy Motoring

·
1,313 Posts
6.7 powestroke is far from inferior to cummins. Been beating up the Cummins routinely last 3 years and 2020 will be a resounding ass kiken The obs fords too run head to head with the 12v 5.9.

·
9 Posts
Strangely enough, the local dealers have increased their prices for the diesel Titans. This could possibly be due to expiration of Memorial Day pricing incentives, but all the ones I have been watching have increased several thousand dollars.

·
132 Posts
6.7 powestroke is far from inferior to cummins. Been beating up the Cummins routinely last 3 years and 2020 will be a resounding ass kiken The obs fords too run head to head with the 12v 5.9.
Is that why you see so many Powerstroke swaps into Ram trucks?

While I think all trucks have their good and bad points, any diesel enthusiast will tell you the inline 6 Cummins is the best HD truck engine and has been for decades.

·
1,313 Posts
Is that why you see so many Powerstroke swaps into Ram trucks?

While I think all trucks have their good and bad points, any diesel enthusiast will tell you the inline 6 Cummins is the best HD truck engine and has been for decades.
Yeah how many Cummins swaps into fords that came with either the 7.3 or 6.7. The 6.0 or 6.4 weren’t in my discussion of the prowess of Ford.

Even the ram guys talk shit bout their chassis and tranny. Why the hell would they want to put a power stroke into that sub par chassis!?!

Silence

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
15 Participants
Jacob
Nissan Titan XD Forum
The world's premier forum community for everything related to the Nissan XD Titan Cummins.
Full Forum Listing