Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to call NissanUSA and file a claim for them to actually come look at the truck. What the dealer was doing wasn't fixing it. Went for the 5th time yesterday for a CEL. U1000-01 CAN COMM CIRCUIT. So I bet my truck will be the reason for another update. But I'm happy that they are taking it seriously now. I'll keep everyone updated on what they do.

·
927 Posts
Good to hear they are getting involved. Typically CAN COMM problems are not to difficult to resolve. The problem is if it is intermittent, then it can become tricky. If multiple control units are involved then it tends to be a wiring issue. If only one unit is involved then it can be the control unit or wiring.
Do you know what they have done to attempt to fix your concern on the previous visits?

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have only tried what has been listed from Nissan. Which is torque a certain bolt. And they have done that each time. So they haven't really tried anything different.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No they knew it wasn't working after the first time I came back. But that's all Nissan was telling them to do. That's why I called Nissan and started a claim. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix but I doubt it.

·
927 Posts
The U1000-1 occurs when the ECM does not receive information from the ABS system. Seeing as the ECM is communicating with the other five modules that fall under this sub-code listing it would indicate either a bad ABS actuator or wiring/pin fit issue.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea what he said, because it has been the ABS code and some other type. I don't really know. I just want it fixed. So I bet it is wiring/pin fit issue. Someone from district nissan is coming on the 23rd to look at it, which will probably take all day. I couldn't do it any sooner because I'm driving it to the beach this weekend. it'll be a good long haul for it. I just reached 6500 miles today. The motor feels better the more it's driven. I love the truck.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a problem with the ABS control module. They are going to replace the whole module. Has to be ordered so I guess it may take a bit for it to be fixed.

·
1,268 Posts
What beach did you go to?

Did you have to air down? If so, what did you drop the air pressure to? I'm heading to Carolina Beach (Freeman Park) this weekend and i was wondring what you did and how well the 4 wheel drive worked?

I've been to Carolina Beach many, many times, but this will be the first time in the Titan with my truck camper on....

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friday they replaced the ABS Control module, afterwards the technician told me that a solid red engine light came on. So they kept my truck over the weekend. They put me in a Sentra for the day on Friday. I needed a truck over the weekend, luckily it's a Ram dealership too. I am driving a 16 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. It feels so small compared to my XD. You know you have a nice truck when you're disappointed with a brand new anything. Hopefully they will fix this problem quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts