Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
608 Posts
Partnering up with football can't be bad for business in the US. This is a smart move for Nissan.

The hurricane one is funny.

·
857 Posts
Partnering up with football can't be bad for business in the US. This is a smart move for Nissan.

The hurricane one is funny.
Amazing for business since its a big thing making for a great opportunity for showing products with all those eyes watching with a good amount bound to have money to buy these.

·
658 Posts

·
608 Posts
NFL and trucks line up quite well but I bet you most of those people go with American brands. Nissan joining up with football is a great way to try to get some conquest.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Americans are smart enough to recognize that it might be an import brand but at least it's mostly built in the States.

·
857 Posts
Americans are smart enough to recognize that it might be an import brand but at least it's mostly built in the States.
Most companies are like this anyways with production of a Japanese or German based brand having production in the market its selling vehicles in.

·
313 Posts
It's all an International mash as far as I can see. At least for component parts.

Even that Cummins 5L. The CGI block comes from Brazil. In fact, I'm getting the impression that ALL cgi blocks come from Brazil these days. And I think the Al alloy heads come from Mexico.

Assembly though, is often done locally. Makes sense when you think about it. Parts are smaller, can be sourced from anywhere globally, and can be shipped more cheaply than assembled vehicles.

·
658 Posts
I wonder how many rear differentials were harmed in the filming of that commercial? lol lol lol. Thanks to Dana, titans still have crap rear ends.
Not every part from every manufacturer is going to be perfect but DANA is a very respectable and legendary company.

Anyway, I've heard that the problem was the rear axle vent design. The vents would get clogged resulting in overheating.. etc.. etc.. etc..

·
772 Posts
Not every part from every manufacturer is going to be perfect but DANA is a very respectable and legendary company.

Anyway, I've heard that the problem was the rear axle vent design. The vents would get clogged resulting in overheating.. etc.. etc.. etc..
i'm on my second titan...its more then a vent. the vent sucks, and theres a cheap easy mod to fix that issue. but that just is for the axle seals. the 04 titans seemed to come from the factory with the diff gears not set properly, turning the spider gears to mush. lol.

i've had no issues with mine though and i'm at 95k:devil:

·
658 Posts
i'm on my second titan...its more then a vent. the vent sucks, and theres a cheap easy mod to fix that issue. but that just is for the axle seals. the 04 titans seemed to come from the factory with the diff gears not set properly, turning the spider gears to mush. lol.

i've had no issues with mine though and i'm at 95k:devil:
I've owned one Titan (an '09) and had no problems. I sold it about 6 months ago with about 45k on the clock. I towed my 4,000 lbs camper with it a fair amount and it was my daily driver. That being said, I'm not naive enough to say that because I never had problems with mine, that others who have are wrong. But I do know that DANA has made axles for use in the most rugged vehicles of all time and are a very respectable manufacturer/brand.

IMO Nissan needs to be sure to select the right configuration. Even in the DANA equipped legendary vehicles (Jeeps, Broncos, Blazers, Scouts, Etc..) people swap to bigger badder better axles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts