Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
363 Posts
Other than the end of the year, it doesn't really say when just a relatively large quantity which should be good for consumer pricing.

·
20 Posts
Strange quote from Munoz :

" The first version will contain a Cummins 5.0-liter, turbocharged, V-8 diesel engine, even though Munoz predicts the majority of Titans will go out the door with a gasoline engine"

when the only configuration is the Cummins V8 diesel during the first months.

·
492 Posts
Strange quote from Munoz :

" The first version will contain a Cummins 5.0-liter, turbocharged, V-8 diesel engine, even though Munoz predicts the majority of Titans will go out the door with a gasoline engine"

when the only configuration is the Cummins V8 diesel during the first months.
I don't find the quote strange at all...he is just stating that his prediction is that the majority of the Titans that will be built, will be purchased with a gasoline engine. The Cummins will be first sold...Gas engines soon after.
My prediction is that he is correct :eek:ccasion14:

·
608 Posts
Guess it's a zero-sum game. US gets lots in dealers, but Canada gets a few months of delay.

Bouyed by dealer enthusiasm, Nissan wants to stock up U.S. retailers as heavily as possible with the long-awaited redesigned Titan pickup for the end-of-year market launch.

That means that Nissan's Canadian dealers will have to wait a little longer to receive the full-size pickup.

"There will be a two- to three-month delay in introducing the truck to Canada," Nissan North America Chairman Jose Munoz told Automotive News on the sidelines of the Tokyo Motor Show. It is an issue of ramping up factory production as quickly as possible, Munoz says. "Our dealers are telling us to produce as much as you can."

·
49 Posts
Do think dealers will charge a premium to the first buyers? I heard a rumor at one of the reveal party's that dealers where going to charge a premium. I personally will not pay more then sticker.

·
94 Posts
Do think dealers will charge a premium to the first buyers? I heard a rumor at one of the reveal party's that dealers where going to charge a premium. I personally will not pay more then sticker.
Considering that would be screaming "DON'T BUY OUR TRUCK!" at the top of their lungs...I don't think this is true. Nissan wants to sell these.

·
658 Posts
I personally wont pay sticker price on a new vehicle. Invoice price is the goal, anything above 2% over invoice is really starting to get to paying too much.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I personally wont pay sticker price on a new vehicle. Invoice price is the goal, anything above 2% over invoice is really starting to get to paying too much.
It's people who don't feel the dealerships deserve to make money that drives them to end up being stealerships.

I guess that's also why China is doing so well, we're too cheap for our own good.

·
658 Posts

·
665 Posts
Puh-lease!!!!
If you would rather a dealership have more of your money, go for it. I, for one, would rather keep my own hard earned money.

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/135-how-car-dealers-really-make-money.shtml
That's fine, you're entitled to be cheap. The money the dealership makes is hard earned too, but that doesn't matter to you as long as you get the deal you want.

The sad part is how many people there are that want a deal and can't see past the fact they're screwing themselves and everyone else in the long run.

·
658 Posts
That's fine, you're entitled to be cheap. The money the dealership makes is hard earned too, but that doesn't matter to you as long as you get the deal you want.

The sad part is how many people there are that want a deal and can't see past the fact they're screwing themselves and everyone else in the long run.
How much do I have to pay a dealer to not be considered "cheap"?

·
665 Posts
How much do I have to pay a dealer to not be considered "cheap"?
For me, I pay list. If I can't afford the list price in the first place, I won't buy it.

If I get a deal offered to me, I'll take it. I've frequently paid less than list on a number of different products because I know what I want and I don't waste peoples time. Then the sales person feels better for giving someone a deal who didn't waste their time. I hate dealing with people that feel entitled to a deal because they're doing you the favor of bringing you work.

·
313 Posts
What I like about Ford is that most of their "discounts" below MSRP are from the factory not the dealer. You can go on their "build" page right now and get discounts of Can$12K off Superduties w/o even talking to a dealer. Then the dealer may sweeten the pot a bit with 1-3K off.

Other manufacturer's don't seem to do that as much (although I see GMC now has an up to 10K discount running), and you have to play games with the dealer salespeople to get similar deals as with Ford.

·
77 Posts
For me, I pay list. If I can't afford the list price in the first place, I won't buy it.

If I get a deal offered to me, I'll take it. I've frequently paid less than list on a number of different products because I know what I want and I don't waste peoples time. Then the sales person feels better for giving someone a deal who didn't waste their time. I hate dealing with people that feel entitled to a deal because they're doing you the favor of bringing you work.
I would never pay list price. I would have paid 10K more for my truck if I paid list price and that would be ridiculous to throw that money away. At the same time I don't expect a deal, I simply tell the dealer what I will pay and if they don't meat that price I take my business elsewhere to a dealer that will.

·
19 Posts
The one thing I like about Tesla is that they don't have dealerships. I want a good product at a fair price, no smoke and mirror games.
Signing up for updates on the XD has got me on a list, at the closest Nissan dealer. My last email from the internet sales person, asks me if I would like to come test drive one last week. I asked if they really had one! No response for three days; then I get asked: Could we interest you in some of our remaining 2015?
The sales team could learn more by monitoring this forum.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts