Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan is supposedly putting the final touches on batteries that will double the current range of the Leaf

In a late night interview at Tokyo’s Business News channel, a relentless host pressed Carlos Ghosn for answers about the future of Nissan’s electric vehicle program. Is Nissan working on new batteries? Ghosn: “Yes.” Can you tell us more? Ghosn: “No.” Will the range double? Ghosn: “Yes.” That means more than 400 km? Ghosn: “Yes.”
http://dailykanban.com/2014/12/battery-breakthrough-nissan-poised-take-range-off-table/

·
608 Posts
Doubling the range?! I'll believe it when I see it. This would be a huge deal if it becomes a reality. Good for Nissan. I wonder if they will proliferate it to more vehicles since it has so much more capacity now.

·
608 Posts
I think it was a bit bullish for Ghosn to say that the range would be increased by that much. If it actually happens then kudos to him, but I think a bit more of a vague response may have been smarter.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bullish eh? Ghosen's track record is not one of making outlandish statements. Nissan is already the global leader in EV's, why should it not be they who provide a major breakthrough. As darling as Tesla is they simply don't have significant resources to work with...

·
857 Posts
Toyota is a brand i would have thought would step up to the plate more with EV's but they seem to be taking a slower approach, one thing for sure is they have the capital to do this

·
608 Posts
Toyota is a brand i would have thought would step up to the plate more with EV's but they seem to be taking a slower approach, one thing for sure is they have the capital to do this
Toyota has the Prius, and I also think that they have invested a lot of resources into hydrogen fuel cells instead of EV tech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts