Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick of waiting to be able to go to a dealership and look at this truck. I'm kinda sick of the emails and marketing that "its coming"...yeah. Someday.

Has anyone actually seen an XD for sale? Not me and I don't see any dates about when they will be delivered stated on this forum.

I guess SOMEDAY this Chupacabra will appear from the forest.

I'm tired of the messaging and ready for the follow through.

Rm.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Well umm the dates have been announced, some lots will see them december 22 if my memory is correct and the media embargo ends novemeber 15.

So please, in the future more reading less tantrum.

·
36 Posts
I do get his frustration though. Its been over 10 months since they unveiled this thing. I have seen this happen before with products I used to sell. A company will come out with what looks to be an awesome product and there is a ton of hype, but then they drag their feet and most people start to lose interest and then flop. This may not end up flopping, but they have definitely lost a lot of interest and lost out on the hype if you ask me. How much more do we really even know about this truck than we did when they unveiled it, not much. This is a marketing joke in my opinion. I hope the marketing team has something up their sleeves to bring the hype back. They needed to do more during these 10 months to keep more peoples interest. I wonder, I don't know this or claim to, if they had mpg goals or other performance goals that they haven't been able to hit so they have been taking all this time trying to hit those. Maybe they had plans to release more information earlier, but haven't since those goals weren't met?

·
492 Posts
I do get his frustration though. Its been over 10 months since they unveiled this thing. I have seen this happen before with products I used to sell. A company will come out with what looks to be an awesome product and there is a ton of hype, but then they drag their feet and most people start to lose interest and then flop. This may not end up flopping, but they have definitely lost a lot of interest and lost out on the hype if you ask me. How much more do we really even know about this truck than we did when they unveiled it, not much. This is a marketing joke in my opinion. I hope the marketing team has something up their sleeves to bring the hype back. They needed to do more during these 10 months to keep more peoples interest. I wonder, I don't know this or claim to, if they had mpg goals or other performance goals that they haven't been able to hit so they have been taking all this time trying to hit those. Maybe they had plans to release more information earlier, but haven't since those goals weren't met?
I am probably more patient than some of you, and I am not as enthused about this truck as much as I hoped to be, but I am disappointed that after going to Nissan's website and signing up twice for email updates about the XD, I have NEVER received even one email about it. Also, the video teasers were far enough apart to make me kind of forget about it.
I have my fingers crossed that the non-XD model will look better and have the direct injection gas engine and no ugly fender badge (have I mentioned the ugly badge before?):wink2:

·
857 Posts
I had a feeling this would happen, with how they have been lacking with sending out information and making more availble and keeping us busy throughout the process... email would be lacking as well.

Was there anything good and even exclusive sent to email?

·
31 Posts
I get periodic emails from Nissan and they just repeat what was said in January. No new information and no dates when info will be released or when the trucks arrive. My guess is other than looking good, this truck may not live up to the January hype.

·
36 Posts
There really wasn't anything in the e-mails, they were few and far in between and they basically would direct to the website.

·
9 Posts
Nissan Titan

I have to agree with what most have posted here. Nisssan has done a great job hyping the new Titan, but has given us very little real information. If the Titan really is close to being released then why the lack of details? What about other models (King Cab XD with gas engine), standard Titan, engine options? Certainly these details have been decided by now. As an existing Titan owner who is ready to buy a new truck I find this new Titan introduction to be frustrating and disappointing. I think truck owners are more detail and specification driven than flashy documentaries.

·
857 Posts
I'm guessing they figured what ever information they released that there's enough to keep us busy till release (since it's not that much longer from now), clearly the life span of that information has dried up

·
17 Posts
Ever stop to think that the lack of pertinent information, other than marketing hype, is due to the fact that the information is not going to be all that flattering....17mpg is nothing to get excited about, perhaps that is why they have not been saying much.

·
857 Posts
But you have to consider what information we currently have available to us now and what else is left to know that depends on them releasing it

·
235 Posts
3 months delay... Maybe I'll take a look at that Ram. There may be a demand in the states but so is there up north. Couldn't even spare some instead of flooding the U.S. market?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts