Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to agree with the long wheel base I just thought it was a comical way to describe it. Lol

·
430 Posts
These reviewers are clueless. He didn't even have the tow weight right, for the truck he was driving. And he thinks there's no better full size truck for offroading. What a joke.

·
857 Posts
Obliviously the reviewers unaware that dodge makes a 3/4ton. Lol.
Dodge? 3/4 Ton? ... what's that :D

This is why I like seeing reviews from guys like those at TFL, they're actually passionate about these and grew up with them... that alone makes a difference of night and day.

·
235 Posts
If nothing else, it's a catchy title that got me clicking and he did mention the long wheel base so he is aware of it.
The only time I had any trouble at all was in steep washes where the long wheel base made it a little challenging to keep the front end from tapping the ground.

·
772 Posts
titans have amazing 4wd i'll give them that. Took mine through the Wickenburg mountains yesterday, 4wheel drive almost the whole way. the 4lo and electronic locker saved my ass twice. also the **** bumper almost got ripped off going through a ravine...of course its not quite as long as the XD.

·
72 Posts
my XD will probably never see serious off-roading, not why I got her.
she just has to crawl my toyhauler far enough into the hills to unload her. If I have to replace struts and fenders it will be on a Polaris lol. I just can't see taking that much $ in serious off road environments. Not with a street legal utv and a lifted bronco sitting there anyway. :grin2:

·
857 Posts
my XD will probably never see serious off-roading, not why I got her.
she just has to crawl my toyhauler far enough into the hills to unload her. If I have to replace struts and fenders it will be on a Polaris lol. I just can't see taking that much $ in serious off road environments. Not with a street legal utv and a lifted bronco sitting there anyway. :grin2:
Now that is a prime example of how to do off-road right :D

Rather have that than some massive beast, the nimbleness of ATV's and UTV's offroad can't be beat... at least through my experience.

·
72 Posts
Lol, and if I roll a quad down the mountain and mortally wound it, I can shoot it in the head and let the scrapers pick it apart. Afraid if I did that to a 56k truck I'd just sit there and cry like a girl, for days.......
Don't get me wrong, we head waaaay back in. The truck needs to have wheeling ability's, but take it up to the mud hole ORV park, no way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts