Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
88 Posts
Great video! Well detailed and laid out. You can see that Nissan has put a lot of effort into the Titan XD to really bring out a truck that they can stand by and hopefully create a benchmark with! :)

·
120 Posts
It's stupid they don't have a console shifter. At least there is a company that makes one for the Dodge conversion of there diesels.

·
120 Posts
The console shifter was one of the main reasons I bought a 1st gen titan I the first place. I have owned other trucks with column shift and I don't like it. Plus all construction work truck have that type of shifter. It does not suit my driving style. I prefer console AL the way. When I was 11 I have a 59 chevy with 3 on the tree. I could not wait to put on the four I it. Well my mom should it out from under me for 50 bucks.

I know it's preference and they said it was for a chew spit spot. I chew and I would still rather have a console. There is not an extra spot for a spit cup. Plus it de- clutter the dash. People on Titan talk have been wanting for this truck a long as time. Wish Nissan could have asked or poled on TT.

·
313 Posts
Exactly. Especially if you have to get in and out of your pickup frequently, a column shift is so handy.
? Why is that ? Just curious.

Current truck has a console shift that just takes up space as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, a big stalk on the column does clutter things up there.

Think I prefer the push buttons on the dash of the old Dodge I had years ago.:devil:

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
? Why is that ? Just curious.
Column shift is easy to manipulate. Say you're working alone setting up offset stakes every 20m, one might not even close the door. It becomes second nature to pull the column into exactly the right spot very quickly.

I don't remember what the console shifter in the Titan is setup like, but the console shifter in my Q is the gated style which is much slower to move due to the wiggle path.

·
24 Posts
I must say that I am in the market for a diesel truck as they are the same price as as 1500 truck. Im still waiting to hear more about the 2017 super duty but this new titan look like it will do everything I need. Just need to hear about the price though. I dont think it will be to far off from the current super duty but I really like everything that this truck has going for it.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
The problem with every other v8 turbo diesel on the market... complicated valve train.

The ISV is very simple and robust with the dual over head cam arrangement. The ISV appears to use a roller rocker arrangement not unlike the Nissan VH45DE. The duramax and power stroke engines use complicated lifter and bridge arrangements with different arm lengths. They certainly work but are not too fond of diesel dilution.

Remember, in 1995 the F-SuperDuty(450-550 ish chassis cab) had a 210hp 7.3L that made 425ft.lbs of torque. That 7.3L had no issues getting a 12,000lbs truck up to highway speeds and beyond. There was the occasional hill where it really had to work, but that was in the Rocky Mountains. 310hp and 555ft/lbs means the Titan XD has serious pulling potential. Don't kid yourself.

The heavy duty pickups are all about bragging rights and having the highest horsepower diesel engine out of the box. If you look at the chassis cabs, you'll find they're de-rated, because work trucks break if they have too much power. That problem is compounded when a business hands the keys of a truck over to an employee.

The Titan XD has the potential to seriously shake up the fleet and work truck market. Especially if they keep their pencils sharp. In factory trim the ISV is only modestly over rated from the pure industrial variant. It's a combination that designed to last in the stock configuration. Providing a valuable long term investment. A work truck that lasts 300,000km+ with limited to no breakdowns and low maintenance costs pays for itself. Nissans goal appears to be a 600,000km service life, and my experience with some of their other products leads me to believe they can pull it off.

That said there is something intoxicating about a 400hp+ turbo diesel v8, so I certainly couldn't fault you for picking a heavy duty pickup!

·
24 Posts
Ya I have been doing a lot of research and was looking to buy a 05 to 07 f350 but then after getting the truck I would have to put down another 10k just to make sure It will last me another 10 years. Thats about 30k on a 10 year old truck. So that got me looking at new trucks and that where this Titan falls right into place. I keep waiting to hear more information about this truck. I think they are holding the power of the truck back also but that can be a good thing. I just hope this truck can tow some large loads like about 15k on the gooseneck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts