Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if all Nissan dealers will be carrying the Nissan XD? I ask this because the NV van is only sold at certain dealerships that have the sevice bays and lifts to handle the weight and size of the Van and with this truck bigger in size I was thinking this may limit where we can buy these trucks?

·
94 Posts
I'm betting dealers will be upgrading to handle it if required. Otherwise it's a failure before release and a great many people like myself will overlook the white space and get a RAM 2500 or Ford EcoB instead. Honestly I can't see Nissan being that stupid and I'm betting we will see it at most if not all dealers.

·
857 Posts
I'm betting dealers will be upgrading to handle it if required. Otherwise it's a failure before release and a great many people like myself will overlook the white space and get a RAM 2500 or Ford EcoB instead. Honestly I can't see Nissan being that stupid and I'm betting we will see it at most if not all dealers.
That's just what I was thinking, the best thing for them to do at this vital stage is to make getting these easy as it can be while keeping other important things in consideration.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
This is a great question and I am not 100% sure of the answer.

I would think that all dealers were given conditions on the sale of the new Titan based on tech training, dealership specialized tools required to be purchased for the techs and certain specs for the garage hoist etc. If you don't agree to the conditions, Nissan Canada can probably restrict allocation to the dealers who do not want to carry it..

Just my opinion..Not fact.

·
313 Posts
Certainly hope that most of them carry and service it. As there's not that many Nissan dealers already, especially in rural areas where we camp and where most pickups are sold. The rural, small-town dealers really *have* to sell/support it, or it just will not fly.

Recently noticed that there's exactly one dealer in NW Ontario at Thunder Bay. The next ones are 700km away at Winnipeg MN and Sault Ste. Marie (or Timmons) ON. As we spend a fair amount of time camping up there, it's a concern. There must be at least a half-dozen small town Ford dealers between Winnipeg and the Soo.

Reactions: pyro404

·
313 Posts
Wow those are few and far between. Are the three dealers you've listed the only ones equipped to handle the Titan XD?
Those are the only dealers, period.

The Thunder Bay dealer is in the middle of a big stretch of NW Ontario. 700km in either direction to the next dealer (Winnipeg, Soo or Timmins). So I certainly expect that they'll sell and service the Titan XD.

It's encouraging that one of the pre-production models was going up to Timmins ON probably to familiarize the staff there with truck.

·
857 Posts
That's crazy far out for another dealer to be and being out in an area like that i bet there's a good amount of folks that see the need for a truck especially as the messy weather hits So considering that they should at least know how, having at least one guy trained on it.

·
96 Posts
if the dealership has a certified trained tech on the titan xd they will get the truck.

with the nv vans we had to get a lift installed that would lift it to be certified to sell the nv vans, same as the gtr we had to have required equipment in-order to sell and service them.

·
857 Posts
if the dealership has a certified trained tech on the titan xd they will get the truck.

with the nv vans we had to get a lift installed that would lift it to be certified to sell the nv vans, same as the gtr we had to have required equipment in-order to sell and service them.
Exactly.

It's probably even a requirement from Nissan that they have people on staff trained on the vehicle. Doesn't make sense for them to sell what they don't know how to service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts