Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today that Nissan is discontinuing the Titan XD with the Cummins engine in 2020. This news has raised concerns with me as to how long will parts be made for the 5.0 cummins? How difficult will it be to find a mechanic that can work on that engine in 5 10 15 years?

What are your thoughts about this decision and other concerns about an engine that has only been produced for 4 years?

·
1 Posts
I heard today that Nissan is discontinuing the Titan XD with the Cummins engine in 2020. This news has raised concerns with me as to how long will parts be made for the 5.0 cummins? How difficult will it be to find a mechanic that can work on that engine in 5 10 15 years?

What are your thoughts about this decision and other concerns about an engine that has only been produced for 4 years?
Good question I also would like to know . I hope we don’t take a hit on resale down the road , I have a 2018 sl love the truck no problems .

·
1,475 Posts

I guess I'll let you know later on down the road. I'm not scared at all, I absolutley love my truck

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like my truck as well and it really meets my needs for pulling a small fifth wheel. I have taken it back to my dealer to have warranty work done twice. Once to replace the IPDM controller board and the other time to replace the EGR cooler which was leaking. BTW the tech code is p00b7-00 for the EGR cooler.

·
1 Posts
I have the 2019 pro4x, long time diesel driver and love this. You can push the 5.0 pretty far with a few mods, plus I love the size, interior and 4x4 capability. Get a very solid diesel truck and loaded interior for the price of a base level GM/dodge or ford. And a frickin 100k warranty. Actually believe the discontinuation will increase resale as people who love the Titan but want one with a diesel will be on the lookout. Parts won’t be a problem, car manufacturers cancel certain models all the time but they still have to carry the parts . Also believe Nissan will bring the Titan diesel back but in full bore HD mode. 6+ liter diesel or greater. They discontinued due to sale. Expensive diesel as you can get a full bore 2500 for a little more.

·
65 Posts
:rolleyes: I'm concerned! I love my 2017 XD, but what's this going to do to my resale value? I'm wondering if I should just trade it in now. I haven't even hit 25,000 miles yet.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
:rolleyes: I'm concerned! I love my 2017 XD, but what's this going to do to my resale value? I'm wondering if I should just trade it in now. I haven't even hit 25,000 miles yet.
As long as you have a warranty, they are legally obligated to repair. The shop that doesn't have a diesel tech will probably outsource it to a local diesel shop. Trade/resale has always been low on Titans. I am going to ride it out and hope for the best.

·
257 Posts
I was very disappointed when I read about this. I really loved mine, and had Nissan made a 1-ton dually, I’d have never left the family. Sad to see it go.

·
4 Posts

I seen it was not the engine but the transmission

·
567 Posts

·
5 Posts
I really like my truck as well and it really meets my needs for pulling a small fifth wheel. I have taken it back to my dealer to have warranty work done twice. Once to replace the IPDM controller board and the other time to replace the EGR cooler which was leaking. BTW the tech code is p00b7-00 for the EGR cooler.
I just purchased a 2016 Cummins. I am researching fifth wheel rv's. What is the tongue weight and gvw of yours please. Any advice is welcome. First time diesel owner

·
616 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 Cummins. I am researching fifth wheel rv's. What is the tongue weight and gvw of yours please. Any advice is welcome. First time diesel owner
The maximum tongue weight you can accommodate while towing is calculated by taking the payload number on the FMVSS sticker and subtracting the weight of anything you put in the truck (including yourself, passengers, and your cargo).

For example, the payload on my FMVSS sticker is right about 1700lbs. That means with me (180lbs), the additional fuel in my larger tank (24 gal = ~168lbs), and 100lbs of miscellaneous cargo, I can hook up a trailer that puts up to 1252 lbs on the tongue. Of course, you must also ensure that both axles are within their individual ratings, and also the tires.

I've looked at 5th wheels as well but have not seen any that don't exceed the payload capability of my XD - even the smallest Cougar "Half-Ton" fifth wheels exceed what I have left to put on the truck. I know 4wd takes a few hundred pounds off the payload but I've often wondered why the payload on mine is so low. Probably the packages...

·
616 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I recently sold my 5th wheel that weighted about 9100 pounds. But each vehicle is different and do some research on how to calculate the correct amount of weight your truck can tow.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts