Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope nobody wants to use a Nissan to chew through hard pack snow. Traction control and engine rpm control stop you dead in your tracks. I have used other brands along with aggressive tires to do a slow churn through these conditions. No possible even when traction is turned off. Still activates and keeps engine suppressed into non power making range. Suggest you look at other brands if you like to go off road

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
So you come here to talk crap and prove you have no idea what you're talking about.

The new Titan is not even available yet, but there is always a way to override traction control, unless you're illiterate and cannot read the owners manual.

Go pound sand troll.

·
608 Posts
I would also think that you could just put chains on your tires and that would probably take care of any issues driving over hard packed snow.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You apparently can't read. Just trying to warn the innocent before they buy something that doesn't do what they want. By the way, do you talk to your mother with that mouth?

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never had to use chains with the other brands I owned. No excuse for poor engineering. But then most Nissan drivers probably never get off pavement.

·
65 Posts
Never had to use chains with the other brands I owned. No excuse for poor engineering. But then most Nissan drivers probably never get off pavement.
To be fair here, you're speaking from experience with the first-generation Titan, right?

The second-generation is an entirely new beast.

·
665 Posts
I've been off-road, 12km up a radio controlled road on the side of a mountain with my Q45.

There is always a way to defeat traction control. Sometimes it's as simple as starting in second gear.

·
665 Posts
YO...4-Lo
My mom taught me how to four wheel.

She taught me, 4x4 is to help prevent you from getting stuck not to get you unstuck.

I always off-road in 4x4 lo, unless I'm in my precious Q, which is a rear-wheel drive V8 sports sedan. Using the transmission to my advantage I rarely have to turn traction control off in precious.

·
608 Posts
It just seems premature to make such claims considering this truck hasn't been driven by the public or even journalists. We should at least wait till we get some more information.

·
88 Posts
Well from the video i just watched in another thread about the testing that goes into the Titan, I would say it can definitely do well in the snow! Obviously it is too early say, but with the cummins, 4wd and solid winter tires I'm sure the Titan will handle a decent amount of snow fall now problem.

·
340 Posts
he's also railing against a 12 year old TC system. Any TC from 2003 is going to be BRUTAL compared to anything modern. Did the 2003 F-150, Silverado or Ram even offer TC???

Just saying...

·
120 Posts
Thus guy is a troll. He also posted on the Titan Talk forum. This guy probably never read the Manuel or used a tuner.

All new trucks have TC, which is a reason I'm trading I the tundra. I know how Nissan's handle and they suit my style better.

·
11 Posts
if you want to drive in snow get snow tires that is my advice they are mandatory where I live for good reason too.

·
11 Posts
My 25 year old Pathfinder is the MOST reliable truck ever made
I go off road all the time to get my fire wood with it after 25 years of abuse the frame still has no rust on it.
AS well Xterra's go off road all the time and they seem to be one of the best at that.

·
857 Posts
My 25 year old Pathfinder is the MOST reliable truck ever made
I go off road all the time to get my fire wood with it after 25 years of abuse the frame still has no rust on it.
AS well Xterra's go off road all the time and they seem to be one of the best at that.
It's one of the reasons why I loved the 90's so much, that era of vehicles were amazing, from a number of car makers.

·
665 Posts
As far as I'm concerned the vg30e(t) and vg33e are the best production v6 gasoline ever made. The vg30de(t,tt) were also great engines but were not quite as bullet proof as the 12v engines.

vg(engine family) 30,33(3.0L, 3.3L) d(dual overhead cam) e(electronic fuel injection) t,tt (turbo charged, twin turbocharged).

I had a vg30et that I over heated 8 times so the engine wouldn't idle anymore and dumped cold water in, started up, drove to next exit, repeat until home. Ran it out of oil and kept driving at 120kph while the engine sounded like it was coming apart for 20 minutes to the next highway exit. Left idling, went in, bought oil, poured in and noise went away. When I scrapped that car I pulled the engine out and apart. Head bolts were near welded in, number of manifold studs broken(common to the VG anyways), one bearing was showing copper. At 360,000km, no ring ridge. All journals were ok, a quick polish and new bearings, that engine could have kept going.

Hooked on Nissans since.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts