Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my Titan XD with the diesel engine and it's an epic truck.. It continues to blow the fuse for the interior lights. Sometime the fuse will last days white other times it blows instantly. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overhead. Dash lights are fine. The exterior lights in the mirrors are also in the circuit with the overhead lights.

·
379 Posts
How about the bed light? If it is the same circuit you might want to check for damage or water leakage and a short there. There were sporadic reports of the light housing cracking or being broken due to stress, adverse contact, or other unknown causes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check that out. The bed light works and doesn't appear broken, but I have not closely examined it.

·
550 Posts
The way I would approach this would be to make a set of wires to plug into the fuse socket, then put an ammeter on the circuit (in series with a fuse of the same value, just in case), turn on the lights, then go around and unplug one light fixture at a time to see which one is taking too much current. I would focus on any LED lights first, as diodes tend to fail to a short circuit state while incandescent bulbs fail to an open circuit state.

·
498 Posts
Probably a short somewhere? Maybe it's time to visit dealer.

·
52 Posts
Did you buy it used? Maybe previous owner installed other bulbs with too much draw.

·
379 Posts
I had a door switch on my Dodge which failed (un-noticed by me) and it kept leaving the circuit in the 'door open' status. I had the interior lights turned off so it took me a long time to figure it out. When I pulled it to replace it I was stunned at how flimsy it was.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
550 Posts
Probably the door switch- the rubber post-style switch in each door jamb. My first XD did this and that’s what it turned out to be.
Just an idea.
Yours blew the fuses? The door switches just ground out the signal to tell the BCM to turn on the lights. A switch fault would just cause the lights to be on all the time.

When I got my XD, the two door switches on the driver's side were both missing their mounting screws, which also provided the electrical ground for that connection, so my interior lights did not work when either door on the driver's side was opened.

·
31 Posts
Glen had same issue. The rear interior light is known to short. They replaced mine and no more issues!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts