Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is wrong; just received this e-mail from a local salesperson today. Maybe it's just an AZ thing - who knows? <shrug>

We know that towing number is way lower for the PR but meh. This time next year we'll be looking at F250 Powerstroke and Sierra 2500 HD Duramax; gotta figure the rattlebox will last at least another year.

I quote (emphasis mine):

[FONT=&quot]Hope all is well.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On Tuesday, I was a part of the release training for the new XD Titan. Although it was very informative, there is still limited availability on information. Here are list of the some things I was able to find out from my training.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Nissan will produce and deliver about 8500 units by the end of the year. These units will ONLY be the Titan XD Platinum reserve.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
- The fully loaded Platinum Reserve should hit the stores in the third week of December with price point in the 60K range.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
- Estimated towing is about 12,200 pounds. Integrated Goose Neck Hitch is standard on the Platinum Reserve.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
- Platinum Reserve offers lots of bells and whistles to include front parking sensors, around view 4-camers [sic] monitor, and the ability to conduct a trailer light check with the keyfab [sic].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
- Specifications still have not been release [sic] but there is still more to come.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was able to view a demonstration Titan XD Platinum Reserve here at the store. I can tell you that this vehicle is beautiful!!! The posh leather interior was top notch. Ventilated seats. Plenty of technology perks. The bed comes standard with a spray on bed liner from the factory. Lots of LED lighting in the bed. Standard Goose Neck Hitch. Step up assist. Nissan patented channel locking system just under the rails and on the bed floor. List goes on.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Cummins was not loud by any means and surprisingly quiet. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I will contact you when I have one here at the store to test drive or when pricing is available, which ever comes first.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have any specific questions, please e-mail me so I can answer them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'll be in touch.[/FONT]

·
363 Posts
If true, just building the PR makes sense for production simplicity and profitability otherwise not so much.

I'm not sure when they started XD production but that sounds like a fast ramp up in just 6 or so weeks time. Hopefully Nissan meet all their goals.

·
22 Posts
I just looked at a PR today and they said the first one they would have for sale at the dealership I went to was a silver pro-4x.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I saw the sheet for the Canadian roll out in January. It pretty much showed everything will be available for platinum reserve trim, Pro4X trim but only the premium sv trim will be available for initial launch. Base SV and all s trims are late availability.

·
608 Posts
That kinda makes sense. It's not crazy that in just the month and a half left in the year that they focus on the highest trim level first.

·
22 Posts
The dealer I spoke with said they would be receiving an SL and a SV on Dec 19... That being said I believe the initial post is wrong. It wouldn't make sense to only cater your initial roll-out to only the top tier trims, further pigeon holing a segment that is already a tweeter.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
The dealer I spoke with said they would be receiving an SL and a SV on Dec 19... That being said I believe the initial post is wrong. It wouldn't make sense to only cater your initial roll-out to only the top tier trims, further pigeon holing a segment that is already a tweeter.
Luxury trims are high volume, high profit, as well as the best ambassadors for the brand.

Makes perfect sense to release the top trim first.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I forgot to include in Canada the SL is on the late availability list.

·
51 Posts
I have a pearl white SL fully loaded that I put a deposit down on (I don't have to take it if I don't like it) but the deposit gets me a hold on it. I live in Salmon, ID and the dealership is in Post Falls but I guess I'm first on the list and apparently they are able to make a special request for this one to show up in the first batch due in the last week of December. They are getting 20 vehicles in all at once an 18 of them are already being held on deposit. I'm not 100% sure I'm pulling the trigger on it but it's supposed to be there if I want to take it. There are still some things I will be considering, including negotiations on price. I know it will cost me quite a bit, but I've been visiting other dealerships and not seeing much of interest and they all cost a lot if you want something in the luxury line. Still waiting on those towing mpgs too.

·
22 Posts
Luxury trims are high volume, high profit, as well as the best ambassadors for the brand.

Makes perfect sense to release the top trim first.
Of course it makes sense to roll out the top trim first, but it doesn't make sense to roll out only the top trim. Yeah there is a high margin for dealers on higher trim levels. But I bet you'll count more F150 XLTs on the lot than you will platinums, that's because platinums aren't a volume truck, that's what makes them more exclusive...not everybody can burn $60k on a truck. Do they sell a lot of them? Yes. Do they sell more XLTs? I'm willing to bet they do.

·
22 Posts
I have a pearl white SL fully loaded that I put a deposit down on (I don't have to take it if I don't like it) but the deposit gets me a hold on it. I live in Salmon, ID and the dealership is in Post Falls but I guess I'm first on the list and apparently they are able to make a special request for this one to show up in the first batch due in the last week of December. They are getting 20 vehicles in all at once an 18 of them are already being held on deposit. I'm not 100% sure I'm pulling the trigger on it but it's supposed to be there if I want to take it. There are still some things I will be considering, including negotiations on price. I know it will cost me quite a bit, but I've been visiting other dealerships and not seeing much of interest and they all cost a lot if you want something in the luxury line. Still waiting on those towing mpgs too.
So you put money down for a deposit without even knowing the price tag on the truck? How did the dealership sound about negotiating MSRP? I would have to assume from your post that if you didn't pay what they wanted that there would be someone else waiting to knab it...leaving little room for negotiation. Supply and demand I guess, Godspeed good sir. I hope you like it.

·
570 Posts
So you put money down for a deposit without even knowing the price tag on the truck? How did the dealership sound about negotiating MSRP? I would have to assume from your post that if you didn't pay what they wanted that there would be someone else waiting to knab it...leaving little room for negotiation. Supply and demand I guess, Godspeed good sir. I hope you like it.
LOL I hope SHE is not a flogger. (fake blogger)
Old but it was a good lesson to Corporations:

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/52541/sony-confesses-to-creating-flog-shutters-commen.html?edition=

Quote from Cruz last week:
"Hi, I'm new to the forum. I don't know if there are any other females out there in the market for a good hauling truck but I am definitely looking for one. I've been following this forum for months now and just now have decided to chime in because I too am wondering if this truck is going to fit the bill. ...
.....Also, am I wrong in assuming that most people posting on this forum haven't even seen the truck yet? I've been reading a lot of comments that some people think this truck is ugly but from a female's point of view, I've got to say that I think it's a sexy truck! Just sayin'."

·
51 Posts
Really?? I haven't made up my mind for sure that this it the truck I'm getting but obviously I'm really seriously considering it. I thought I might get some flack if I said I put a deposit down on one, but not being believed is not a scenario that actually occurred to me. That's too funny! I'm seriously buying a truck in the next few months whether it's the Titan or not. I'm not too worried about the money, I'm prepared for the cost and I'm looking at something with all the bells and whistles. I'll be paying for this up front so I'm at least saving all of the interest costs. One of my main concerns is being a guinea pig for Nissan. I know it's not a good idea to race out and buy a newly reconfigured model on its first release. This is what's keeping me up at night and even my husband thinks I'm crazy for considering it. It's just that all of the other options just don't seem to be a good fit for me. A friend of mine that was truck shopping this summer told me that her mechanic said he's been seeing horrible problems lately with the GMC's electrical systems. I don't know the specifics and that's just second-hand information. I've never been a huge fan of Chevrolet, much preferring the Fords but I have some serious reservations about the newest ones from Ford. I won't go into that again because I'm stepping on toes. The Rams 3.0 turbo diesel isn't powerful enough and the 5.7 hemi could be an option but I don't like the dual rear exhaust blowing fumes all over a trailer. Plus I'm not liking the looks of the Dodges right now. The Fords look the best and the Titan does resemble the Ford. I make no apologies for stating that I think it's a sexy looking truck. I wouldn't be drawn to it if I didn't think so.

Because I live in the middle of nowhere (literally!) the closest Titan to view right now that I know of is in California. I may just set eyes on this truck and think, "What the **** was I thinking?" I'm assured I can walk away and get my deposit back. At least I know I'm not the only crazy person out there that is thinking of buying this truck immediately because they really do have 18 people signed up. I wish this truck came out last year so I could spend a little more time making an leisurely decision but I have plans that require a truck very soon. I just have this gut feeling that this truck is going to be solid. I really hope I'm right. I'll keep everyone updated if I do get it and give you all some real numbers. The drive from Post Falls back to Salmon is 5 hours and over 3 mountain passes. Two are steep and one is very long. One of the first things I'll do when I get home is to test it with the trailer too. I'll let you know how it goes!

·
19 Posts
Really?? I haven't made up my mind for sure that this it the truck I'm getting but obviously I'm really seriously considering it. I thought I might get some flack if I said I put a deposit down on one, but not being believed is not a scenario that actually occurred to me. That's too funny! I'm seriously buying a truck in the next few months whether it's the Titan or not. I'm not too worried about the money, I'm prepared for the cost and I'm looking at something with all the bells and whistles. I'll be paying for this up front so I'm at least saving all of the interest costs. One of my main concerns is being a guinea pig for Nissan. I know it's not a good idea to race out and buy a newly reconfigured model on its first release. This is what's keeping me up at night and even my husband thinks I'm crazy for considering it. It's just that all of the other options just don't seem to be a good fit for me. A friend of mine that was truck shopping this summer told me that her mechanic said he's been seeing horrible problems lately with the GMC's electrical systems. I don't know the specifics and that's just second-hand information. I've never been a huge fan of Chevrolet, much preferring the Fords but I have some serious reservations about the newest ones from Ford. I won't go into that again because I'm stepping on toes. The Rams 3.0 turbo diesel isn't powerful enough and the 5.7 hemi could be an option but I don't like the dual rear exhaust blowing fumes all over a trailer. Plus I'm not liking the looks of the Dodges right now. The Fords look the best and the Titan does resemble the Ford. I make no apologies for stating that I think it's a sexy looking truck. I wouldn't be drawn to it if I didn't think so.

Because I live in the middle of nowhere (literally!) the closest Titan to view right now that I know of is in California. I may just set eyes on this truck and think, "What the **** was I thinking?" I'm assured I can walk away and get my deposit back. At least I know I'm not the only crazy person out there that is thinking of buying this truck immediately because they really do have 18 people signed up. I wish this truck came out last year so I could spend a little more time making an leisurely decision but I have plans that require a truck very soon. I just have this gut feeling that this truck is going to be solid. I really hope I'm right. I'll keep everyone updated if I do get it and give you all some real numbers. The drive from Post Falls back to Salmon is 5 hours and over 3 mountain passes. Two are steep and one is very long. One of the first things I'll do when I get home is to test it with the trailer too. I'll let you know how it goes!
I have been trying to talk myself into loving this XD for some time now. I am beginning to doubt if there really is much room for a Tweener truck. I pulled a 5000lb trailer with my 04 titan until last year. Now I have a fifth wheel that weighs around 7500lbs. Pulled it with the 04 from western Ky to the smoky mountains. I will never do that again. The truck got us there and back just fine: but it was not fun or safe. I really want this XD to work for me: but I am left wondering ( do I need a Tweener truck or do I just not TRUST the big three enough to buy a 3/4 ton?) I think its the lack of trust! LOVE my old Titan.
Past trucks: 2 F150s 2 broncos 1 blaser 1 Jimmy None of these could hold a light to the Titan Thats just my experience.

·
570 Posts
Sorry Cruz, I am just a paranoid dude. We look forward to your review as it is hard to trust publications at times

1 - 20 of 30 Posts