Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at a dealer today looking into a 2020 XD Pro4X. I was told by one of the sales managers that 2020 would be the last year of the XD and that Nissan would just continue with the Titan line. Anyone else heard of this?

·
79 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, there is talk of dropping the NV van line. However, dealers aren't a good source of information. Most are not knowledgable about the brand they sell.

·
148 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, there is talk of dropping the NV van line. However, dealers aren't a good source of information. Most are not knowledgable about the brand they sell.
For me, that would suck almost as much as them dropping the XD. We have a fleet of NV2500's at work. After decades of Ford/Chevy/Dodge, we got these last year. I was hoping we'd stick with them going forward as I like it more than any work vehicle I've been issued before. The Fords we had last time were a nightmare. We were just discussing on a conference call that this is the first time we've had zero mechanical problems across the fleet for an entire year. Only issue with the Nissan has been the backup camera recall which is trivial, IMO.

·
47 Posts
Heck our dealers barely keep the titan stocked. Have yet to see a 2020 XD. I was beginning to wonder if they were going to throw in the hat. Its unfortunate. I just rolled over 60k and other than an immediate alignment issue and leaky battery its been perfect and a great value considering what I paid and how it gets used.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
204 Posts
I remember the GM/Chevy 1500HDs only lasted a few years as well, and I think they were all gas. It would be nice if Nissan gives it another go after working through the issues they had. Even without a Cummins. But I think the diesel heavier half ton was a nice start. As is towing with a heavier truck. Makes me feel more secure with heavy heavy weight. But I never wanted a 3/4, and probably never will. Just not what I need.

·
79 Posts
Heck our dealers barely keep the titan stocked. Have yet to see a 2020 XD. I was beginning to wonder if they were going to throw in the hat. Its unfortunate. I just rolled over 60k and other than an immediate alignment issue and leaky battery its been perfect and a great value considering what I paid and how it gets used.
Makes me wonder if Nissan is perhaps just using up the remainder of XD frames already in existence to fill the 2020 model year and then call it quits. Thats just a possible theory though, I have nothing to base it on but it would make sense from a financial standpoint, if that were the case.

·
450 Posts
That would really, really suck in my opinion. These trucks in the gasser package is fantastic. This is by far my most favorite truck I've ever owned out out Ford, Ram, Toyota, and Nissan.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
That would really, really suck in my opinion. These trucks in the gasser package is fantastic. This is by far my most favorite truck I've ever owned out out Ford, Ram, Toyota, and Nissan.
Agreed.

·
14 Posts
I was just at a dealer today looking into a 2020 XD Pro4X. I was told by one of the sales managers that 2020 would be the last year of the XD and that Nissan would just continue with the Titan line. Anyone else heard of this?
would make sense if true. XD not much more expensive to buy than regular titan but probably much more costly to build...If they go this route they need a crew cab with a 6.5 box.

·
615 Posts
Dealers will tell you anything to sell you a car today. Creating a sense of urgency in the buyer is the oldest trick in the book.

·
1 Posts
Yes 2020 is the last year for the Titan XD sad

·
21 Posts
However, dealers aren't a good source of information. Most are not knowledgable about the brand they sell.
At one dealership I went to when looking at XDs, the salesman didn’t realize there were differences in Titans and Titan XDs. He did say some of the Titans had Diesel engines. I left and bought my XD further from home.

·
9 Posts
They just spent the money to refresh it (I think I saw $230 million, but don't quote me), and they're going to kill it off after one year? I would think that they would at least want to get the cost of the revised tooling covered...does anyone have a source for this?

·
450 Posts
Why do a complete update on the truck and after the first year of the new update kill the product line? Makes no sense.......Typically manufacturers don't make these decisions on a whim, they are thought out years in advance. I would be more concerned about them discontinuing it around 2025. Seems to me like this is a rumor that got started possibly about the diesel going away and its spilling over to the XD. Just doesn't make sense to do a pretty decent update on a vehicle then kill it after 1 year.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
204 Posts
Seems to me like this is a rumor that got started possibly about the diesel going away and its spilling over to the XD. Just doesn't make sense to do a pretty decent update on a vehicle then kill it after 1 year.
The diesel is dead as of 2019. That part is fact. But you’re right, why redesign then discontinue. Interesting.

·
11 Posts
Old news.

XD is history along with the Cummins 5.0 diesel.
Standard Titan will continue with the gas V-8. Rumors from National is that they are looking at a V-6 variant based off the current 3.7 in everything, along with a hybrid with a V-6 and batteries/electric motor/starter/generator. Got to make that battery plant in Smyrna pay off somehow now that selling it to China is off the table.
Complete new model is 1 to 2 years off.

·
181 Posts
Old news.

XD is history along with the Cummins 5.0 diesel.
Standard Titan will continue with the gas V-8. Rumors from National is that they are looking at a V-6 variant based off the current 3.7 in everything, along with a hybrid with a V-6 and batteries/electric motor/starter/generator. Got to make that battery plant in Smyrna pay off somehow now that selling it to China is off the table.
Complete new model is 1 to 2 years off.
Hmmmmmm k

1 - 20 of 71 Posts