Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
47 Posts
I don't see how the refresh could have cost much. I can't see much more than a reshaped front bumper and radio. I do wish nissan would put one of their own diesels in it before throwing in the towel. Haven't they had diesel engines in their Atlas trucks for decades?

·
7 Posts
For me, that would suck almost as much as them dropping the XD. We have a fleet of NV2500's at work. After decades of Ford/Chevy/Dodge, we got these last year. I was hoping we'd stick with them going forward as I like it more than any work vehicle I've been issued before. The Fords we had last time were a nightmare. We were just discussing on a conference call that this is the first time we've had zero mechanical problems across the fleet for an entire year. Only issue with the Nissan has been the backup camera recall which is trivial, IMO.
It would be nice if there was a meaningful place for this sort of information to be shared with Nissan. I'm seeing all sorts of claims that the NVs are going away with all sorts of reasons. But, it seems the happy:sad customer ratio is really high for that van. The claims are that Nissan is going to cut the lineup significantly... it would be great if they could find a way to get real customer feedback to them directly.

·
208 Posts
Dealers will tell you anything to sell you a car today. Creating a sense of urgency in the buyer is the oldest trick in the book.
Well I guess that's a new tactic, hurry up and buy this truck that's being discontinued so you can own part of a Nissan mistake. Seriously, look at the sales numbers of XDs the last two years, no way this line stays around for more than another year. Like I've mentioned, you can buy a far more capable 3/4 ton gasser for less than a Titan XD.

·
443 Posts
Uh, where are you seeing all these deals on a "far more capable 3/4 ton gassers for less than a Titan XD". I bought a loaded slightly used (13,000 miles) Pro4X XD gasser earlier this year for $32K OTD. I heavily looked at Ford, Dodge, and Chevy/GMC during the buying process. I didn't find any 3/4 ton gassers that were remotely close to that deal. I was also looking at a 2019 XD P4X new gasser, and OTD it was $44K. I didn't see any deals with anything near the value to the XD gasser - new or used. And I'm so glad I got the gasser XD. Best truck I've ever owned, hands down. Better than the Ford, Toyota, or Ram I've owned. It will be a shame if the XD goes away. Its an incredible value.

·
208 Posts
Brand new Ram
Uh, where are you seeing all these deals on a "far more capable 3/4 ton gassers for less than a Titan XD". I bought a loaded slightly used (13,000 miles) Pro4X XD gasser earlier this year for $32K OTD. I heavily looked at Ford, Dodge, and Chevy/GMC during the buying process. I didn't find any 3/4 ton gassers that were remotely close to that deal. I was also looking at a 2019 XD P4X new gasser, and OTD it was $44K. I didn't see any deals with anything near the value to the XD gasser - new or used. And I'm so glad I got the gasser XD. Best truck I've ever owned, hands down. Better than the Ford, Toyota, or Ram I've owned. It will be a shame if the XD goes away. Its an incredible value.
Brand new Ram 2500s 4x4 big horns can be had at about 42-44 in Florida. I'm sure it depends on the region. I got a 2019 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn with 12500 miles for 33900. My gas Titan XD had a terrible transmission issue while towing that three different dealership couldn't admit was wrong. Titan XD avg MPG for me was 14.5. My Ram, 16.5. These are hand calculated, so I got a truck that is a huge upgrade as far as components go and get better MPG for a tad more or the same what a Titan XD would have cost me. Now, if the XD was by far cheaper in your region I could see it making sense to get one, but for me it was too close, so if anyone is considering one I'd say definitely consider alternatives if the price is close.

·
208 Posts
I simply asked a question you idiot, I was just curious. You are literally the biggest moron I've ever met.
I've never met you, but I'm sure you're an awesome person to be around. I still own a 2008 Nissan Titan that is my farm truck. So I guess that's why I enjoy reading this forum. The Titan 1/2 ton is a great truck in my opinion, the XD a total fail in my opinion. Jayce some day reality will hit and you'll realize people probably don't think very highly of you, at least on this forum you come across as a complete idiot with useless information.

·
1,396 Posts
I've never met you, but I'm sure you're an awesome person to be around. I still own a 2008 Nissan Titan that is my farm truck. So I guess that's why I enjoy reading this forum. The Titan 1/2 ton is a great truck in my opinion, the XD a total fail in my opinion. Jayce some day reality will hit and you'll realize people probably don't think very highly of you, at least on this forum you come across as a complete idiot with useless information.
I just dont hold my tongue towards anyone, never will. Your opinion about me means absolutley zero, and that goes to anyone, I really could careless. As far as useless info, that's your opinion AGAIN. No I dont use big words like you and others on here to make others think you're smart. As for the xd beingba total fail, that has to be the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. If it was a fail, would I be able to tow a 37' travel trailer up through the ozarks, up two 7% grades, and all through the mountains with ease and never dropping lower than 4th gear maintaining 60 mph? I can promise your dear little hemi powered ram couldnt touch it. Hell I'm even willing to meet somewhere and have a tow off just to shut you up.

·
321 Posts
But, as has been clarified, the XD was a "total fail" only because of the pathetic job you did researching that purchase. Everything you didn't like about it was easily known before you purchased. Yet you still purchased it. So that "total fail" was your own fault.

You should heed your own advice regarding "people probably don't think very highly of you" in this forum.

·
1,396 Posts
But, as has been clarified, the XD was a "total fail" only because of the pathetic job you did researching that purchase. Everything you didn't like about it was easily known before you purchased. Yet you still purchased it. So that "total fail" was your own fault.

You should heed your own advice regarding "people probably don't think very highly of you" in this forum.
The guy is a complete idiot man. He still cant see the truck was his own fault haha.

·
208 Posts

Yeah ok, a transmission that was troublesom

Yeah ok, so a troublesome transmission that three dealers deny is a problem would have been fixed by research. Please elaborate. Jayce, your intelligence must be too low to comprehend certain subjects. I clearly never said one thing about an XD Diesel bc I never owned one. The XD gas was my experience and I stated facts that was wrong with the truck. You drop even lower claiming you can out tow my Ram 6.4. I sure hope so Sherlock, I'm comparing the gas version of the XD, let your little discontinued failed Titan go up against any 3/4 ton diesel and it's not even a competition.

·
1,396 Posts
Yeah ok, a transmission that was troublesom

Yeah ok, so a troublesome transmission that three dealers deny is a problem would have been fixed by research. Please elaborate. Jayce, your intelligence must be too low to comprehend certain subjects. I clearly never said one thing about an XD Diesel bc I never owned one. The XD gas was my experience and I stated facts that was wrong with the truck. You drop even lower claiming you can out tow my Ram 6.4. I sure hope so Sherlock, I'm comparing the gas version of the XD, let your little discontinued failed Titan go up against any 3/4 ton diesel and it's not even a competition.
Stop being a pussy. You scared to throw that 3/4 ton up against my discontinued 1/2 ton? You're a joke bro, just shut up

·
208 Posts
Stop being a pussy. You scared to throw that 3/4 ton up against my discontinued 1/2 ton? You're a joke bro, just shut up
I don't have little man syndrome, I could care less if your little diesel can out tow my truck. Are you 16 or 17 years old?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts