Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
612 Posts
If it is true
Then Nissan did some crappy research on the market.
Nissan proved their crappy research on the diesel market. The XD diesel is dead. Guess you can’t put a Cummins in it and expect it to sell like hot cakes? That’s millions on r&d I bet Nissan wishes they hadn’t spent.

No it wouldn’t surprise me at all. I got into it with Arice about the diesel motor. Well it was discontinued. The sales were not there. Nissan can not keep making a truck that they are losing money on by selling them so cheap they are practically giving it away. It’s all about money.

·
1,397 Posts
It's not the trucks fault, yes theres bad ones, but theres bad ones in every brand. Its nissans fault for not advertising. Half the people that approach me at the diesel pump had no clue that Nissan made a diesel

·
321 Posts
It's not the trucks fault, yes theres bad ones, but theres bad ones in every brand. Its nissans fault for not advertising. Half the people that approach me at the diesel pump had no clue that Nissan made a diesel
Agreed. The discontinuation has to do with Nissan's poor job marketing the diesel XD, not the truck. And, like you, it's crazy how many people comment that they didn't know Nissan made a diesel.

As a quick update, 3 of my friends have now sold their big 3 diesel and picked up a diesel XD. The last picked up his on the private market. And, not surprisingly, they have friends who are so impressed they're looking into diesel XD's on the used market, too. On one trip to work on his remote cabin, the two big 3 diesels his friends drove (both less than 3 years old) were nothing but trouble. They had to abandon their trailers on the trail in which the diesel XD had to go back and take the rest of the way. Those big 3 trucks sat most of the week while the diesel XD was used for all of the work. Their search will be tough as the diesel XD is very popular up here so they don't hit the market often.

·
208 Posts
So does Nissan actually make a diesel or do they sell a Cummins in a Nissan truck, I really didn't know Nissan made a diesel engine themselves?

·
1,397 Posts
Agreed. The discontinuation has to do with Nissan's poor job marketing the diesel XD, not the truck. And, like you, it's crazy how many people comment that they didn't know Nissan made a diesel.

As a quick update, 3 of my friends have now sold their big 3 diesel and picked up a diesel XD. The last picked up his on the private market. And, not surprisingly, they have friends who are so impressed they're looking into diesel XD's on the used market, too. On one trip to work on his remote cabin, the two big 3 diesels his friends drove (both less than 3 years old) were nothing but trouble. They had to abandon their trailers on the trail in which the diesel XD had to go back and take the rest of the way. Those big 3 trucks sat most of the week while the diesel XD was used for all of the work. Their search will be tough as the diesel XD is very popular up here so they don't hit the market often.
Dude you dont have to tell me something I already know. These trucks are so underrated its rediculous. Although some members here cough cough, are too ignorant to see it

·
208 Posts
Dude you dont have to tell me something I already know. These trucks are so underrated its rediculous. Although some members here cough cough, are too ignorant to see it
Once again, as this thread is based on the GAS version being discontinued. I'm telling anyone thinking about buying a GAS XD to double think their decision. If the gas is truly being discontinued, it's another reason not to get it. Not sure why every single thread you somehow throw your pitch that the XD Diesel is the best selling highest rated truck ever made in the world. It's irrelevant, we're talking the gas version. I have a feeling your first diesel truck ever was an XD, good, glad you like it. Don't care, we're talking about the XD gas if you didn't catch that yet.

·
1,397 Posts
Once again, as this thread is based on the GAS version being discontinued. I'm telling anyone thinking about buying a GAS XD to double think their decision. If the gas is truly being discontinued, it's another reason not to get it. Not sure why every single thread you somehow throw your pitch that the XD Diesel is the best selling highest rated truck ever made in the world. It's irrelevant, we're talking the gas version. I have a feeling your first diesel truck ever was an XD, good, glad you like it. Don't care, we're talking about the XD gas if you didn't catch that yet.
You are the only one complaining about the gas version too simp

·
2017 Titan XD
34 Posts
Off-topic but in regards to Nissan getting rid of it's diesel XD, I believe it was Cummins that actually made the decision due to low sales and in effect Nissan had to remove it from it's future line. I remember reading a article about it recently.

·
1,397 Posts
Off-topic but in regards to Nissan getting rid of it's diesel XD, I believe it was Cummins that actually made the decision due to low sales and in effect Nissan had to remove it from it's future line. I remember reading a article about it recently.
It was on both nissan and cummins. If you dont market the damn truck it's not gonna sell. I dont know what their problem is with marketing but they suck at it

·
218 Posts
THe following line is in the Cummins 2019 Q3 Earnings report lodged with the SEC (dated October 29, 2019)-
"The company recorded a $33 million charge related to the decision to cease production of its 5-liter ISV engine for the US pickup market by the end of this year"

The entire article can be found here:

While this thread is for the entire XD line, this gut-punch from Cummins means that XD 5.0 owners have little-to-no chance of having a "20 year vehicle", if anyone else was planning on that. I was.

·
5 Posts
I think a heavy half makes sense but Nissan just did a poor job with the XD.
The styling if the original XD was a little homely to say the least. And most buyers buy based on looks so the original XD had a lot against it.

The new re-style looks way better. Is it possible the Cummins and Aisin 6 speed can be re-fined and re-introduced in 2021?

·
1,397 Posts
I think a heavy half makes sense but Nissan just did a poor job with the XD.
The styling if the original XD was a little homely to say the least. And most buyers buy based on looks so the original XD had a lot against it.

The new re-style looks way better. Is it possible the Cummins and Aisin 6 speed can be re-fined and re-introduced in 2021?
Not a chance.

·
2017 Titan XD
34 Posts
The Nissan/Infiniti brand is downsizing and slowly converting over to Hybrid/Electric vehicles. I doubt they'll ever bring another diesel back. I love my XD though and plan on keeping it til she's done for.

·
443 Posts
I have the gasser XD and had the Xd Cummins before. I LOVE the XD Gasser, and really liked the XD Cummins. Jayce is spot on when he says this truck is so underrated. This truck blows the doors off the Ram 1500 and F150 I used to have. And it hands down beats the Tundra I had as well, just the Tundra was closer to the Titan XD. The Ram and F150 were far inferior to the XD.

·
443 Posts
Brand new Ram

Brand new Ram 2500s 4x4 big horns can be had at about 42-44 in Florida. I'm sure it depends on the region. I got a 2019 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn with 12500 miles for 33900. My gas Titan XD had a terrible transmission issue while towing that three different dealership couldn't admit was wrong. Titan XD avg MPG for me was 14.5. My Ram, 16.5. These are hand calculated, so I got a truck that is a huge upgrade as far as components go and get better MPG for a tad more or the same what a Titan XD would have cost me. Now, if the XD was by far cheaper in your region I could see it making sense to get one, but for me it was too close, so if anyone is considering one I'd say definitely consider alternatives if the price is close.
I just did a check and couldn't find a Ram 2500 4X4 used for under $42K USED in our market. When I was truck shopping, I looked at all of the Big 3. Nothing could compare to the deal on my XD P4X, not even close. I looked at Chevy GMC the other day and only 3 trucks popped up within a 200 miles radius, and the pricing was absurd. Now, mind you I'm looking for a very specific package to match my P4X, gasser, 3/4 ton set up. There are plenty of 3/4 ton diesels, but 3/4 ton gassers in a 4x4 sport set up in the big 3 are hard to find in AZ, and the ones that are available are $45-$50K.

And my XD gasser tows like a boss, no issues pulling our $9K loaded toy hauler. Solid as a rock and smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.

·
208 Posts
I just did a check and couldn't find a Ram 2500 4X4 used for under $42K USED in our market. When I was truck shopping, I looked at all of the Big 3. Nothing could compare to the deal on my XD P4X, not even close. I looked at Chevy GMC the other day and only 3 trucks popped up within a 200 miles radius, and the pricing was absurd. Now, mind you I'm looking for a very specific package to match my P4X, gasser, 3/4 ton set up. There are plenty of 3/4 ton diesels, but 3/4 ton gassers in a 4x4 sport set up in the big 3 are hard to find in AZ, and the ones that are available are $45-$50K.

And my XD gasser tows like a boss, no issues pulling our $9K loaded toy hauler. Solid as a rock and smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.
Glad to hear your XD is working for you👍.

·
208 Posts
I just dont hold my tongue towards anyone, never will. Your opinion about me means absolutley zero, and that goes to anyone, I really could careless. As far as useless info, that's your opinion AGAIN. No I dont use big words like you and others on here to make others think you're smart. As for the xd beingba total fail, that has to be the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. If it was a fail, would I be able to tow a 37' travel trailer up through the ozarks, up two 7% grades, and all through the mountains with ease and never dropping lower than 4th gear maintaining 60 mph? I can promise your dear little hemi powered ram couldnt touch it. Hell I'm even willing to meet somewhere and have a tow off just to shut you up.

·
612 Posts
41 - 60 of 64 Posts