Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been towing a 6500 lb boat since the day I bought my 2016 Diesel XD last October. This summer, I left the trailer lights plugged in with a busted running light. I blew a fuse or relay somewhere in the truck. Turn Signals both always have worked and brake lights have always worked. I have tested the trailer with a different tow vehicle (brand to be named later) and all lights work as they should.

I replaced the 'blue' relay and the 'brown' relay under the hood in the fuse box above the passenger side fender.f I have checked what I thought to be all of the towing related fuses. I've read that people have changed a fuse and/or relay under similar circumstances. Where is the trailer running light fuse or relay? Thanks in advance!

·
1,484 Posts
It's a fuse in the box under the hood. Can't remember which one but I had the same issue. Maybe a 20.

Hope that helps.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@AZPRO4X - I'm sorry, but I disagree about your statement regarding the owner's manual containing useful information.

I did utilize the owners manual - it refers the user to the location of the fuse boxes and how to change fuses. I'm not one to blindly ask questions seeking the "easy" answer. After checking the fuse boxes under the hood and in the glove box, some are labeled - both fuses and relays - some are not. IF you read my original post, I have changed all fuses and relays that I gather are related to the trailer lights. Obviously I am missing one - the reason I asked.

If you have found the fuse in the owners manual, could you please refer me to the page in the owners manual that points out the specific fuse that controls the trailer running lights. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

As stated in the original post also, I have brake lights and turn signals.

·
986 Posts
I am going to assume you have checked for power at the connector on your truck in the bumper and have none at the terminal for your running lights. That being the case there is a 5 amp fuse in the fuse box in the glove box. It is beside another 5 amp fuse and that is for the relay in that circuit. There is a 10 amp fuse in the Intelligent Power Distribution Module in the engine bay that powers terminal #6 in the trailer plug. It is with another 10 amp fuse beside a plug with two heavy gauge wires and another plug with 10 wires in it. Check those first.

·
3 Posts
2016 XD trailer No running lights

I too have been having this problem and have no resolve.RH working LH working, brake lights working, NO RUNNING LIGHTS
have you got an answer to where to go change the fuse or relay?
i can't find any information, I went to the dealer and of course they no nothing.

·
257 Posts
There is a fuse box in the engine compartment in the very back on the passenger side. In there is a 10a fuse (see picture, touching it with probe) that powers the trailer running lights. I kept blowing fuses until I changed my running lights to LED.

·
4 Posts
Ok I’ll dig a little more. Even with the new ten amp fuse I still have no power at the running light terminals at the trailer plugs. Fuse gave me power to the “+” terminal

Thanks

·
1,298 Posts
Anyone know if a 2017 is the same. I replaced the fuse in the image above and got my interior trailer lights back but still have no clearance lights.
I thought the interior trailer lights ran off the TT house battery. I know there is a minor charge to the battery coming from the truck when you are running down the highway, but even w/o a wire to the truck, you should have had interior lights...I think...

·
1,298 Posts
I should have clarified this is a legend cargo trailer. Not a travel trailer.
Ah, I see.... I have a Freedom cargo trailer... I just checked and found that my interior lights are wired to my running lights, just a switch to shut the interior lights off. Is it possible a wire connection came loose???? I know your trailer may be wired differently but....

·
2 Posts
I have been towing a 6500 lb boat since the day I bought my 2016 Diesel XD last October. This summer, I left the trailer lights plugged in with a busted running light. I blew a fuse or relay somewhere in the truck. Turn Signals both always have worked and brake lights have always worked. I have tested the trailer with a different tow vehicle (brand to be named later) and all lights work as they should.

I replaced the 'blue' relay and the 'brown' relay under the hood in the fuse box above the passenger side fender.f I have checked what I thought to be all of the towing related fuses. I've read that people have changed a fuse and/or relay under similar circumstances. Where is the trailer running light fuse or relay? Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem i have no runig lights at my plug i tested with my fluke meter nothing every other light works i checked the fuses under the hood everythin is good. If im not mistaken the relays are for the turn signals and the brown relay to power the towing system.

·
1 Posts

Make sure all grounds are well connected it just maybe a ground wire

·
1 Posts
As a fyi on the 2012 titan the trailer running lights fuze is well hidden in the larger fuse box closest to the cab the panel locks in with two tabs and slides vertical down into the box, there is a whole row of fuses only visible by lifting the panel up atleast 2 inches it was labeled #4 and I couldn't figure out why my fuses started at #5. I was stuck on this since I put my boat away last year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts