Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
4 Posts
There is a fuse box in the engine compartment in the very back on the passenger side. In there is a 10a fuse (see picture, touching it with probe) that powers the trailer running lights. I kept blowing fuses until I changed my running lights to LED.

You’re awesome! This is the exact issue I was having and your picture helped tremendously! Fuse was blown, headed back with replacement now to check if fixed!

·
5 Posts
Just some added feedback. if your problem includes no 12V feed to the 7 pin trailer connector you should have your technician review the wire harness. My 2016 Titan XD never had 12V feed and finally a guy found this (attached) melted wiring harness behind the glove box. They quoted $2000+ because it was the poorly designed main wire harness which is a mess to install. Not covered because mine was built before Sept 2016. If anyone knows a easy bypass trick to this problem I'd appreciate it. Seems Nissan has some real problems with trailer electrical and passed them to the owners and hide from them.

·
1 Posts
There is a fuse box in the engine compartment in the very back on the passenger side. In there is a 10a fuse (see picture, touching it with probe) that powers the trailer running lights. I kept blowing fuses until I changed my running lights to LED.

Thank you...just bought a 2014 and hooked a camper to it no running lights.. jumped on here and there's the answer. Thanks again.

·
1 Posts

that was it.... although i dropped the fuse and had to get another one

·
1 Posts

Joined to say this was the exact issue fuse on my ‘18 S Titan for the running light issue. Thank you very much!

·
9 Posts
I'm another guy who just discovered this blown fuse & reason why my trailer running lights weren't working. What an obscure place for fuses. I never would have discovered it were it not for finding this gem on the forum. Thanks a bunch!!

·
1 Posts
@AZPRO4X - I'm sorry, but I disagree about your statement regarding the owner's manual containing useful information.

I did utilize the owners manual - it refers the user to the location of the fuse boxes and how to change fuses. I'm not one to blindly ask questions seeking the "easy" answer. After checking the fuse boxes under the hood and in the glove box, some are labeled - both fuses and relays - some are not. IF you read my original post, I have changed all fuses and relays that I gather are related to the trailer lights. Obviously I am missing one - the reason I asked.

If you have found the fuse in the owners manual, could you please refer me to the page in the owners manual that points out the specific fuse that controls the trailer running lights. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

As stated in the original post also, I have brake lights and turn signals.
under the hood there are 2 black boxes. the one closest to the truck passenger seat is the box the fuse you need to replace is at. You 1st just use the box top's tab-releases to get the top off the fuse/circuit terminal box. then if you look closely, the board that is at a slight slant towards you has 2 "tabs" -on each side - of the "board" that have to be pushed in to release the board to allow a little upward movement so you can get at the fuses on the board easier. The board will only be able to moved up just enough but is limited in upwards movement by a wiring harness. Who ever designed this is on some serious drugs and should be fired. I have blown that fuse at least 4 times - 2 because I forgot to NOT plug in the trailer lighting plug WITH the truck lights on already and 2 - have not idea because my lights have zero grounds from the power leads to ground and I replaced all the old style bulbs with LED lighting so my amp draw is cut more than by 1/2. somewhere on this forum - someone posted a "link" that will take you straight to a photo of the board with the fuses you need to get access to. good luck!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts