Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
91 Posts
Yes, knew that, but good to point out. I just hate being reminded of that slight "omission".

Thanks a lot Nissan...

You know what though? I'm thinking it's going to be real awkward when we are able to go down to the local dealer and test drive/pursue this truck. Why? We'll know considerably more than the sales person will. Guaranteed 110%.

Hopefully they're prepared!

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's always the case.

I just start with it now. "Look I've done a lot of research. 1) get me your best truck guy. 2) Don't tell me stupid things...I'll think your stupid. 3) Only speak if I've overlooked something or ask a specific question. If you don't know the answer refer, to #1 and #2 ."

·
19 Posts
I asked about sunroofs a months ago and it came out that there would not be any in 2016. Your article posting just verifies it for the most part. At this point I will pass on the 2016 Titan and just hold off for the year to see the real reviews after drivers have had a chance to use them in all real life situations. I just can't see myself paying 60+ for a vehicle that doesn't have every option I want.
BTW if you haven't seen this truck in person, it is impressive. I made a special trip to the Texas Fair and spent the day drooling over all the different Titans there.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to hear about the looks. I really liked the current Titan when if first came out. It still has the best back seat area in my opinion.

I'm going to wait too. I'm hoping Consumer Reports does a review. They are long overdue for a heavy duty comparison also.

I plan to wait until 2018 so I can see the new F250, Ram 2500, and the XD after some years on the clock. I think I bought my new Titan too early in the production...but had a need.

I plan to convert my Titan to an offroad truck with a 6" lift after I get my new truck. So it should work for me for a couple more years.

·
17 Posts
He estimates 70k for a loaded titan xd...sorry at that price point they will have lots full of trucks, they will not go anywhere.

·
772 Posts
Yes, knew that, but good to point out. I just hate being reminded of that slight "omission".

Thanks a lot Nissan...

You know what though? I'm thinking it's going to be real awkward when we are able to go down to the local dealer and test drive/pursue this truck. Why? We'll know considerably more than the sales person will. Guaranteed 110%.

Hopefully they're prepared!
looked at trucks with my brother a couple months ago....salesman asked us why we kept looking under the front end when we asked him if it was 4x4:surprise::surprise:

I looked at the XD at a dealership couple weeks ago, the dealership people didn't know anything other then "5.0 cummins, goose neck ball, and 'heavy duty half ton'"

·
608 Posts
Seems to me that a sunroof should be offered on almost every vehicle these days. Especially once you go above a certain price point, I just don't see why you would leave that out.

·
857 Posts
Seems to me that a sunroof should be offered on almost every vehicle these days. Especially once you go above a certain price point, I just don't see why you would leave that out.
One thing it could depend on is what they see that customers may care or not care about. So catering to that could be one reason. But they my have something else coming in to play with the decision not to go with it.

·
1,979 Posts
Sunroofs are great until they break outside of the factory warranty, $1300 for just a rail because of a broken plastic clip.

·
91 Posts
I suppose that is true. Afterall, how many people are going to have the sunroof be a dealbreaker?
Me.

Think of it this way. Your paying allll that money for a top line trim...and no sunroof? What's a little extra $ at that point, especially on a monthly payment. It's a huge oversight by Nissan but then again maybe not. When the 2017 is released with a sunroof (and I'm sure a few other changes)...some guys would trade up for one, creating additional revenue for the dealers in terms of the lucrative used truck market. I'm onto them already...I'm not stupid. About the worst thing to do at this point would be playing into their hands by:

-interacting with the dealers and sales people, revealing your interest/desire
-signing up to have first right of refusal
-worse yet, putting a pre-order deposit on one
-paying MSRP and any other scammer dealer fees

All that said, that is unless you have money to burn and don't mind paying through the nose for a truck. And while some of us can certainly do it, I just remind myself of all the money I've pissed away on vehicles...such a waste. There are better things to spend your money on. Think of it this way...always keep the ball in the buyers court - don't let the seller have it!

Don't get me wrong fellow forum'ers...I do want this truck and is (was?) prepared to buy it...but it's an incomplete vehicle at this time. And the media has picked up on that already.

There's only one word of advice needed for this entire forum, and it's something we've all been doing:

wait

·
19 Posts
Ditto.... I'm waiting too.. 50, 60, 70k what ever it is, no sends in getting it if it does not have the options you want.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sunroof would be close to a deal break to me.

Speaking of all that money. Today I had a local Ford dealer offer me 60k for a loaded '16 King Ranch F250 Fx4 or a loaded King Ranch F350 (4x4).

·
94 Posts
I think sun roofs look good but would never even consider buying a truck with one. My truck is home to a high end laptop, sunroofs are a little too prone weather stripping issues for my taste and I live in a rain forest. To each their own.
The closest thing to a deal breaker for me is the payload on the pro4x. But if they offer a 5.5' bed on the crew cab XD and more importantly IF the XD is actually priced to compete I'll work with my few dislikes.

·
91 Posts
Speaking of all that money. Today I had a local Ford dealer offer me 60k for a loaded '16 King Ranch F250 Fx4 or a loaded King Ranch F350 (4x4).
Don't do it. The resale of those trucks will take a major dive when the 2017's arrive. Besides, the current super duty's are seriously out dated in design, chassis, and interior materials. While the 6.7 may be the best diesel ford has made in a long while, I'm still the most comfortable with the cummins.

If your looking for an HD truck, stick with the Ram. They have the best total package IMHO and really high resale values for the Laramie+ trims. Oh, and while GM's effort might be enticing...it's completely rinky dink compared to the Ford and Ram HD trucks.

·
56 Posts
Don't do it. The resale of those trucks will take a major dive when the 2017's arrive.
I found the opposite to be true with HD trucks. The entry price will drop as the 2017's get closer but after 5-10 years the resale won't be affected much. Unless you really want aluminum or the new interior, it could be a great time to buy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts