Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like according to the latest version of the Nissan brochure the gas V8 will come with a 7 speed and a 3.36 rear end for those curious about it.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Is anyone getting the non diesel version?
I'm on the fence, as much as I love the diesel, if the gasser gets about the same average fuel economy as the diesel, I might make the switch. My reasoning as follows:

Curb weight Pro-4x: est. 7200lbs diesel vs 6500lbs 5.6, almost 700lbs reduction and added to payload assuming spring rates don't change.

Maintenance items diesel: DEF, DPF, SCR, Dosing Injectors, fuel filters, New air-charge system which adds unknowns like RTC longevity and two turbos to rebuild along with a system that you only have one supplier, EGR, and RTC actuator life.

Maintenance items 5.6: Plugs/wires, maybe issues with the VVEL servos or wear items due to the complexity of the valvetrain.

I didn't include things like belts, oil changes, transmissions service, or air filters because these are typical. Yes you have injectors and pump life to consider...but the verdict it out for now on the reliability and I didn't want to rain on that parade until I've seen issues, granted the ISV has been out a while sans the M2 setup. Basically when things go wrong on a diesel, things get pricey quick...I've owned a few and I'm very comfortable tearing into them. But the added complexity and higher maintenance cost of the diesel has me wondering if it's right for my use. I will tow trailers, but don't know if it will be as much as I'm trying to convince myself...lol.

I want to see numbers for the gasser and some mileage reports first. I'm definitely getting the XD, but power options are my only hangup. I know I preached about deletes and tuning, but sometimes I think that maybe I should just drive and enjoy the truck and actually keep the warrantee for once. Dangit!....just don't know yet:serious:

BigRed

·
14 Posts
It won't be higher towing capacity, it will be higher payload.
True, but I forgot to mention I was looking at gooseneck capacity more than hitch. A higher payload should allow for a gooseneck to get closer to the weight you can currently pull on the hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts