Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else thinking about trading their truck in and trying a different company? I am just finding too many things wrong with this truck, I think Nissan rushed to get these trucks out and forgot about attention to detail.

·
1,265 Posts
Not me... So far, I haven't had any issues.... When was yours built? I heard from a service tech that the ones built up to March 1st seem to be having the most problems.... I don't know if that is true, but that is what i was told.

·
1,979 Posts
Don't forget you decided to buy a 1st year model, not that it should make a difference but it does, especially when it comes to vehicles. Ford isn't having a trouble free experience with the 15 F150's. Sorry about your issues, it's definitely frustrating.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I completely understand that its a first gen truck, but I am having cosmetic issues and mechanical. I understand there are gonna be mechanical issues but cosmetic too? Thats just quality control

·
1,979 Posts
I completely understand that its a first gen truck, but I am having cosmetic issues and mechanical. I understand there are gonna be mechanical issues but cosmetic too? Thats just quality control
Go to the F150 forum, they are dealing with paint & body panel aliment issues like crazy. They have leaky sunroofs, sunroofs that squeak like crazy. Leather that's falling Apart. Dashes aren't aligned correctly.

·
194 Posts
I agree nissan's QC is complete crap. My truck is now sitting at the dealer awaiting new carpet as it was missaligned and cut way too short. Even had a hole in it! It's also waiting to get repainted due to a large spot where they obviously spilled another color on it while the door was hanging upside down. Major blems like this should have never left the factory.

·
348 Posts
Stopped to look at a Colorado on the showroom floor the other day, should have seen the look on the sales guy and his manager when I pointed out the different colors of blue between the hood and the left fender, which didn't match the door either.

·
165 Posts
Stopped to look at a Colorado on the showroom floor the other day, should have seen the look on the sales guy and his manager when I pointed out the different colors of blue between the hood and the left fender, which didn't match the door either.
That definitely must've been a kick in the pants for them. That is also one of my huge pet peeves

·
147 Posts
No issues here. Mine was built april 2016. I just finished a 1900 mi trip and it performed about as good as it gets. Initially i thought the truck drifted right but after the trip i am convinced its just due to the crown in the road.

Hope you get your issues solved.

·
857 Posts
Not bad at least it seems Nissan lives up to what it's known for, along with the other Japanese brands. Too bad none of them has stepped up to the plate as much as Nissan has. Toyota could be doing more, chances are they got too comfortable, too comfortable to take on risk.

·
88 Posts
Not bad at least it seems Nissan lives up to what it's known for, along with the other Japanese brands. Too bad none of them has stepped up to the plate as much as Nissan has. Toyota could be doing more, chances are they got too comfortable, too comfortable to take on risk.
Well, I see heaps of new tundras on the road everyday, so comfortable seems to be working for them haha. I am having a bit of buyer's remorse. I just wanted to test drive one because of the hype of the "triple nickle" and I didn't expect to get an offer back, but they came at me with one. I think I was just dumbfounded and happy to be able to get a new truck. Now that I think back, there are a lot of other vehicles I would have loved to have for a lot less. I wouldn't feel so bad if it had just ONE thing going for it that was better than anything else in the price range. So far, I haven't noticed it.

·
26 Posts
Yeah
After many driveability issues and the same issues with my PRO4X as what's consistent on this forum. The truck was at my dealer for 5 weeks with nothing resolved and the dealers service techs and managers and local Nissan reps in total disconnect and confused. They called me into the dealership to say they haven't been able to make the repairs with very limited to no communication. I was told that they couldn't fix the truck with the shifting delays, truck flat lines itself and takes nose dive, very slow acceleration when needed, turbo has excessive spooling and despooling noises, heavy exhaust fumes in cab, poor front alignment, tires cupping, noise in front right passenger when making slight incline, etc,etc,etc
dealership had no clue about fixes or repairs to problems. A list of 17 issues when turned into dealer to only have my oil changed after 5 weeks and could not even reset the oil service reminder.
I was offered to have my truck purchased back to me 5 times fully refunded including tax, title, tags,
I took them up on their offer and got rid of that POS
THEIR PROBLEM NOW
My business just can't afford to be NISSANS Guinea pig.
It's one thing to have a few minor problems but it is another thing to release a product with absolutely no support for the product what so ever.
And that is a big shame on NISSAN. I called and filed many claims and complaints to Nissan with no avail or actual concern for their customers needs.
That is all on NISSAN as to how they have released, and supported the new product. If they were working very closely with troubled customers and showed them each individual attention to serious issues rather than rely on clueless dealerships thAt have only taken online training then they would be putting forth the correct effort for a new platform release.
But don't tell me they can't even have the dealers order the correct running boards, mud flaps and seat covers for a truck that is listed on the manufacturers website and then expect them to service such a complete disaster.
Well not my problem anymore. I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get out while the getting was good.
I smell a huge class action lawsuit coming
I truly wish everyone here good luck and a safe future with that platform

1 - 14 of 14 Posts