Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a white platinum reserve on wed. It's a great looking truck in my opinion. The dealer just got it in so the salesman had to drive us to a gas station to put fuel in it to test drive it lol. While waiting for him I noticed on the display it said low fuel pressure have fuel system serviced. After we got fuel i got to drive. I was impressed with the feel of the truck and I thought torque was there. What surprised me was the transmission. I don't know if the truck was up to temp or not but I could feel every shift. It just didn't feel or sound right. Truck rode very smooth on a few western PA backroads, but I will have to drive it again and see if the transmission feels different

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The aisin shifts a little different, if you have driven a ram 3500+ with one you know how it is. But if you haven't then it's a different feel.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never drove a 3500. So maybe that was it. It's hard to describe how it felt I could just feel the shifting and I guess I wasn't expecting it.

·
169 Posts
It's not a CVT, if you don't feel the shifts something's wrong!

Of course some feel different.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to laugh at the salesman he knew nothing about the truck! I told him I think nissan made a mistake going with a tweener cuz now the xd is being compared to every truck and not just a few if it would have been put in a traditional classification. He said they want it compared to a 3/4 ton! I said why a 3/4 ton diesel has more power torque and capabilities. Then he tried telling me the xd can tow closer to the ram 2500 Cummins lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts