Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While having my truck serviced almost a month ago they found one of the rear shocks leaking. It’s covered in oil. They inform me they don’t have one in stock and will order one. Said it should arrive in about a week and they’d give me a call when it comes in.

So I called today. It’s been almost 4 weeks and inquired about the status of the shock. I was told it was ordered, they don’t have any idea when it’s coming, he also mentioned he’d checked with another Nissan dealer and they didn’t have one in stock either.

It’s a Bilstein shock. Just because they slap a Sticker on it that says “NISSAN BILSTEIN” doesn’t make it special. I’m gonna give em about 1 more week and then I may turn into Karen.

Anyone else run across any issues with their OEM shocks under warranty?

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up :
They finally received the rear shock on Wednesday & I had it installed yesterday. 5 weeks from when it was ordered.

Talked to my service adviser about dead peddle issues. He was very much aware of the dead peddle issue. Said all he could do is install any updates from my current system if they ever issue one.

·
620 Posts
The issue is that those Nissan Bilsteins are completely separate/different from Bilsteins you would buy, yourself. For starters, they aren’t even made in the same country as all other Bilsteins are. They should have just ordered some 5100s for you or gave you a prepaid visa to buy your own.

The rebranded ‘automaker’ parts with a name brand are never what they seem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts