Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to share what i did.
I installed Moto 970 20x9, offset 0 with Nitto ridge grappler 275/60/r20. on my 2017 XD platinum reserve.
Well, I needed to go under the truck and remove front flaps and cut some metal and plastice edges, didnt touch my bumper, its good. When you do full turn your wheel will touch fender liner.
Tomorrow I'm going to lift my truck on 2". Ill post how it will look. Mechanic said its enough to lift up front only. No need to liftup back.

·
1,517 Posts
I wouldn’t do a 2” unless you want to have that squatted look. I just did a 1.5” on mine and it’s perfectly level

·
48 Posts
I am about to replace my tires too. That size is the one that I am thinking to get. can you let me know what metal you have to cut in order to get full turn. I don't want to lift up, will be it able to get away. do you have any pic where the tires touching the fender liner?

·
768 Posts
I am about to replace my tires too. That size is the one that I am thinking to get. can you let me know what metal you have to cut in order to get full turn. I don't want to lift up, will be it able to get away. do you have any pic where the tires touching the fender liner?
If you don’t go 0 offset, you won’t have to cut anything. You can go taller and wider if you keep a near OEM offset.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys. I picked up my truck. 2" lift front only. Full turn is good, no touching at all. Cost me $500.00 including parts, labor, alignment.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I cut about an inch bottom of front fender flairs. Its enough no need to touch connections. And cut metal edges behind that plastic i cut.

see that black spot, thats where wheel touched this liner.
And when you cut metal, dont forget to paint edges, avoid corrosion. I use outdoor white spray from home depot.
Good luck

·
1,517 Posts
I’m running that size on stock wheels and before my 1.5” level it never once rubbed

·
5 Posts
If u use your factory rims u can run a 275/60/20 nitto and not have to cut anything. I have a 2018 titan xd deisel and I run those tires with no problem. I also have a 3 inch lift on it from rough country

·
1,517 Posts
If u use your factory rims u can run a 275/60/20 nitto and not have to cut anything. I have a 2018 titan xd deisel and I run those tires with no problem. I also have a 3 inch lift on it from rough country
Why didn’t you go with a bigger tire then? Those tires have got to look tiny on a 3”

·
5 Posts
Not really . I'm going with a 285/55/20 nitto I don't want to get tires that pole out the side of my truck. I list a pic in the mor ing you can see

1 - 15 of 15 Posts