Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just looking for some input on what offset some of you are running.
i don't want to run flares so i was just going to go with a +18 on my pro4x but i don't want it to end up not looking aggressive enough as the wheels are tucked in so far already. I'm going with a 18x9 so I'm already getting 1" 1/2 in width then 2" of extra offset. do you think +18 with stock fenders will look aggressive enough? or is 0 the way to go and deal with a little extra mess

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
hey guys just looking for some input on what offset some of you are running.
i don't want to run flares so i was just going to go with a +18 on my pro4x but i don't want it to end up not looking aggressive enough as the wheels are tucked in so far already. I'm going with a 18x9 so I'm already getting 1" 1/2 in width then 2" of extra offset. do you think +18 with stock fenders will look aggressive enough? or is 0 the way to go and deal with a little extra mess
In my opinion your choice of plus 18 should be perfect.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was going to go with the mmc monster but then changed my mind and went with black rhino "glams" there a +12 18x9 but have a 1.5" lip. putting my toyo mt's 285/70/18 on them hope they turn out the way i see them in my head!

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the wheels today and going on tomorrow. I'm definetly going to be doing some more trimming of the fenders than I already have.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so with this wheel/tire combination the splash guards have to go and the hump on the lower inner fender have to be trimmed back or there is heavy loud rubbing(which i figured with a +12 offset) but it turned out great looking other than that! even with a levelling kit its too tight. I've done a lot of lifts on my f350's in the past and the clearance would be there with a 2" lift kit! ill be doing that as soon as icon releases what the did for sema to the public!

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So at +12 offset with this tire rim combo I had to not only modify the inner wheel well liner but had to shave some of the inner sheet metal back as well about 3/16 of an inch. Buffed it up and reprimed in black and no rubbing now. Definetly a stupid inner fender design but it's all good now

·
203 Posts
So at +12 offset with this tire rim combo I had to not only modify the inner wheel well liner but had to shave some of the inner sheet metal back as well about 3/16 of an inch. Buffed it up and reprimed in black and no rubbing now. Definetly a stupid inner fender design but it's all good now
Pics? Of the truck with new shoes, and of the trimming?

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's some pics of the truck and trimming

Attachments

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks brother, it was a little more of a pain than I thought as even after trimming it seemed as though the driver side still rubbed in certain situations so I ended up trimming a little more which is the current pics. Happy with it though in current form I can hit big bumps at speed with the wheel turned and here nothing which I was after

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No lift or level as the truck came almost level which was odd to me. I may look at the icon 2" lift when it's released but the bilstiens are surprisingly good. I've had fox and king before on my f350 and was shocked at how smooth this truck rides. Already contacted amp and the power steps are 6 months out as well as the Titan tank. As soon as there released I'll be putting them on ASAP

·
113 Posts
I am getting ready to order new wheels and tires looking at going with the 285/60/20 on my SL no lift will this work and what do I need for an offset without having to hack up my new truck??

·
27 Posts
Just got some new 22s and running into exact same issue. thinking about trimming the sheet metal and fender liner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts