Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order new wheels and tires looking at going with the 285/60/20 on my SL no lift will this work and what do I need for an offset without having to hack up my new truck??

·
129 Posts
Your going to need around a +24 offset and even then will have to trim your splash guards with an olfa knife. That's close to what I'm running and I had to trim my wheel well liners as well as grind and buff about 5/8" off sheet metal on the inner wheel well on 285/70/r18 with +12 offset and 18x9 wheels

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks waiting for fender flares to be painted so no splash guards I will look into the +24

·
203 Posts
Your going to need around a +24 offset and even then will have to trim your splash guards with an olfa knife. That's close to what I'm running and I had to trim my wheel well liners as well as grind and buff about 5/8" off sheet metal on the inner wheel well on 285/70/r18 with +12 offset and 18x9 wheels
Can you clarify what an olfa knife is? Is that a Canadian term?

·
203 Posts
I've always just called them razor knifes, haha, never knew there was an actual name for the snap off blade style.

·
129 Posts
Or a box cutter I guess. I was working down in Wyoming a few years back and asked for a felt pen and all the Americans burst out laughing asking me what the **** that was! I said "you know a sharpie or marker" they thought I was nuts

·
492 Posts
Or a box cutter I guess. I was working down in Wyoming a few years back and asked for a felt pen and all the Americans burst out laughing asking me what the **** that was! I said "you know a sharpie or marker" they thought I was nuts
They use Wool pens in Wyoming. :wink2:
I am not the only American who would have known what you meant. We call them felt-tip pens sometimes, but Sharpie has become pretty generic now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts