Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to Lowes, then all off a sudden when accelerting, the engine started missing horribly, SES light popped on I limped it back to work, I am the Service manager of an Nissan dealer. Pulled codes with the consult scan tool. Number 7 injector fault. I then texted my Regional DTS, he texted back "do not do anything til I call you on Monday". Will let you guys know what's up then.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well according to my DTS, this is the first fuel injector failure in the 6 year development of this engine. My DTS and a Cummins engineer are coming tommorrow or weds to inspect the vehicle. I will update with results.

·
1,979 Posts
Well according to my DTS, this is the first fuel injector failure in the 6 year development of this engine. My DTS and a Cummins engineer are coming tommorrow or weds to inspect the vehicle. I will update with results.
That would be very surprising if that's true.

·
904 Posts

Assuming it is in fact an injector failure and not a wiring issue.

·
165 Posts
That's really unfortunate, but thankfully your in the position to get this resolved asap and you'll be able to get an in depth explanation as to what's going on. Hopefully they found exactly what it is and this isn't a common issue ?

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DTS CAME YESTERDAY, #7 INJECTOR IS BAD. THIS IS THE SECOND INJECTOR FAILURE OF #7 INJECTOR IN MY REGION. THIS IS NOT GOOD. I SEE A ISSUE COMING:surprise:

·
1,300 Posts
Well compared to the fords 6.0, 6.4, and the 6.7, all of those engines have injector/ head issues that is a knows fact. I think for this truck a couple failed is bound to happen but lets hope bosch can sort out why. Did they say what has failed on the injector? Solenoid or nozzle? internals? too much heat?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts