Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my oil changed and the mechanics said there was a possible oil leak in my 16' Cummins. I looked up the problem and I think it's because of weather issues,
(I live in Montana) and they said something along the lines of either tightening up or an O-ring replacement? Never dealt with this before and was hoping someone could help me in what I need to look for or see? I'd appreciate the help.

·
695 Posts
We kinda need more specifics about what they said. Where is the leak coming from? Which o-ring are they talking about? What about the weather is making it leak?

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something from the pilot pan is all I know. Due to cold weather and how it sits. I've looked for any ideas on the solution and all I could find was something about and O-Ring replacement.

·
655 Posts
That is one strange leak you have there (because the cold weather). Well, how about change the O-ring and get a block heater to make the O-ring happy?

·
216 Posts
Mine started leaking last week, looks like the front of the oil pan. Taking it in Thursday, tired of the oil in my garage.

·
4 Posts
Oil thermostat. someone suggested from other post.. i am having similiar issue.. too fkn cold to work outside.. here in Ohio.. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts