Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else with a month old Platinum Reserve leaking oil?
Man not sure this purchase was a good idea.
I hated a lot about my Ford but it didn t leak oil after 5 years never mind one month!

Attachments

·
573 Posts
First model year purchases can be risky, but come on! I am not trying to troll here, but I was really cheering for this truck. Between you two and Footloose, there has been WAY too many issues. ****, they only sell about 1000 a month. I'm not sure if I see this many issues on the F-150 forums and they sell 50 times that many. Nissan needs to sue Cummins if this doesnt get fixed.

·
1,300 Posts
Where part of the engine is the photo from??? Back of the engine, front, left side right side??

·
5 Posts
I currently have 13k miles on my PR. Haven't had any major issues. The turbo needed to be recalibrated on one of my trips due to leaving my house in mild weather and driving 4 hours into very cold weather. I had stopped and shut the truck down without letting it sit for a minute. When I restarted it 30 mins later and went to drive off it kinda shuttered or acted as if it were clogged.

Only other issue is it tends to make a squelching noise that seems to comes from the def tank when it's drawing fluid. This only starts to happen after I've been on long drives 4-6 hours and lots of stops in between. I'm currently waiting for it to happen again so the dealer can figure out what it's coming from.

I can say I had hoped I would be getting better gas milage. I am currently the only person on the gas app called Fuelly. Check out my fill ups.

·
96 Posts
looks like a rear main oil seal leak. stuff will break and leak on any vehicle new model or old doesn't mean the truck is a pos..........

·
2 Posts
Albertatitan, Saw the oil leak posting and the picture. I'm having the exact same problem. It's at the dealer and they determined that the leak is from the top of the engine. An oil supply line (probable to the turbo) is being replaced. Is this similar to your problem? Pl post what happened with your leak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts