Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a big Nissan fan. Been waiting for these guys to put out a "tweener" as they call it. I have owned/duramax, power stroke, gassers, ect. half and 3/4 jobs. don't matter who makes 'em, takes a version or 2 to get the kinks out. My new XD is a Pro-4X gas. Noticed a gap between the tailgate and bed "you could throw a dog through." Both sides. Ideas on dealing with this?

·
348 Posts
I noticed that also, but my 04 and all the ones between that I've looked at have a gap when vied at the right angle. I just tell all my non Nissan friends that it was designed that way to ease back pressure on the tailgate while driving, eliminates the need to drop the tailgate for improved mileage. Half of them are amazed that a manufacturer would think of that! LOL!

·
492 Posts
I noticed that also, but my 04 and all the ones between that I've looked at have a gap when vied at the right angle. I just tell all my non Nissan friends that it was designed that way to ease back pressure on the tailgate while driving, eliminates the need to drop the tailgate for improved mileage. Half of them are amazed that a manufacturer would think of that! LOL!
And this post is from a guy who said (and I quote)

"Even the owner of the dealership, who is a friend of mine, knew to tell his staff not and bs me or blow smoke about the truck."

:grin2::grin2::surprise:

·
348 Posts
That's funny stuff there, Imadogman. Some people you just gotta have fun with. ****, while getting my windows tinted today, I had a Toyota die hard tell me today that the diesel XD has more available options on it, that's why it cost more than the gas. I said yeah, it's got an extra 2.5 gallon tank, DPF, turbo chargers and extra injectors for regen, all the while trying not to laugh. He agreed and said that's what I'm talking about! Some people you just gotta have fun with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts