Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
363 Posts
Sounds like Nissan wants dealers to buy them in bulk and display them up front on lots. At that rate Nissan will need to drop pricing and the big three will likely get aggressive with HD sales. It's gonna be a good time to be a diesel pickup buyer.

·
492 Posts
Canton Assembly Plant Facts. (From Nissan website)

Following these numbers, there are 8 Vehicles produced at Canton and 450,000 cars/trucks manufactured per year. That is 37,500 per month which means 4,687 per model on average per month. If they can produce the XD at that rate, they could build over 6000 Titans in 2015. (assuming a 7 day work week and one assembly line per vehicle "which is probably not the case"). It may also take longer average assembly time per vehicle for a Titan vs an Altima etc.

Models produced: Nissan Altima
Nissan Armada
Nissan Titan King Cab
Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Nissan Frontier King Cab
Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
Nissan NV Cargo
Nissan NV Passenger
Nissan Murano
Annual Capacity: 450,000 vehicles

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Sounds like Nissan wants dealers to buy them in bulk and display them up front on lots. At that rate Nissan will need to drop pricing and the big three will likely get aggressive with HD sales. It's gonna be a good time to be a diesel pickup buyer.
I think the big three look at the Titan XD like a joke. It would have to be a stunning success to bite substantially enough into their market enough for them to care. The Titan is more likely to draw customers away who would have considered the Tundra.

·
8 Posts
I think the big three look at the Titan XD like a joke. It would have to be a stunning success to bite substantially enough into their market enough for them to care. The Titan is more likely to draw customers away who would have considered the Tundra.
The Titan XD is a joke. Why didn't Nissan release their towing and payload numbers months ago? To make the big 3 scramble? Scramble they did, and everything the big 3 is putting out in the next few years will KILL the Titan.

The truck also should've been on dealers lots in July/August. Now gas stations are getting the diesel winter blends... Which raises the price quite a bit. Even loaded getting 10mpg the f150 is going to put you ahead.

·
77 Posts
The Titan XD is a joke. Why didn't Nissan release their towing and payload numbers months ago? To make the big 3 scramble? Scramble they did, and everything the big 3 is putting out in the next few years will KILL the Titan.

The truck also should've been on dealers lots in July/August. Now gas stations are getting the diesel winter blends... Which raises the price quite a bit. Even loaded getting 10mpg the f150 is going to put you ahead.
I think people that really work their truck will value the longevity of a diesel over a small turbo V6.

·
772 Posts
i was told here in AZ that they will each get 2. they are overthinking this. if you build a truck that weighs 7k lbs, give it 400hp and 700 tq and let customers build it how they want, and load up the dealerships.

·
1,979 Posts
I think people that really work their truck will value the longevity of a diesel over a small turbo V6.
Don't count on the longevity thing, these aren't the the diesels of yesteryear. The fuel & exhaust treatment systems are so complicated & fussy they don't hold up. Personally, it's getting smarter to just replace vehicles once they are out of warranty or get a 100k mile extended warranty to push out coverage time.

·
8 Posts
Don't count on the longevity thing, these aren't the the diesels of yesteryear. The fuel & exhaust treatment systems are so complicated & fussy they don't hold up. Personally, it's getting smarter to just replace vehicles once they are out of warranty or get a 100k mile extended warranty to push out coverage time.
This sums up what I've been telling people when they tell me about cummins reliability, it was their simplicity. V8 diesels are also known to not to last as long.

·
94 Posts
This sums up what I've been telling people when they tell me about cummins reliability, it was their simplicity. V8 diesels are also known to not to last as long.
Sure a V8 diesel doesn't last as long as an inline diesel, the RPM it operates at is much higher causing greater stress on components but they still generally last a longer than a gas engine.
Reliability has yet to be seen(as a light truck engine, but the ISV5.0 is a very reliable commercial engine and has been for years) but there is zero evidence to conclude this wouldn't be a reliable truck so it's pretty ignorant to make claims either way without end user reviews or first hand experience.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I'd like to see evidence that a v8 doesn't have the lifespan. Plenty of 7.3Ls out there with big numbers on the odometer.

Inline sixes are far from perfect. One issue is that if you lug the engine the torsional vibration of the crankshaft twisting can shatter gears. The inline six is heavy and requires extra structure to be rigid.

A v8 solves most packaging issues with the inline six. The inline six is the mainstay of large trucks for one major reason, packaging. A large bore inline six is easier to package than a large bore V8, they're easier to work on and less rotating mass.

·
857 Posts
I'd like to see evidence that a v8 doesn't have the lifespan. Plenty of 7.3Ls out there with big numbers on the odometer.

Inline sixes are far from perfect. One issue is that if you lug the engine the torsional vibration of the crankshaft twisting can shatter gears. The inline six is heavy and requires extra structure to be rigid.

A v8 solves most packaging issues with the inline six. The inline six is the mainstay of large trucks for one major reason, packaging. A large bore inline six is easier to package than a large bore V8, they're easier to work on and less rotating mass.
Over a long period of time, my belief is that an engines life depends on how one maintains it, even how they treat it during the first few thousand miles has been said to play a part in how it holds up over time.

·
8 Posts
Sure a V8 diesel doesn't last as long as an inline diesel, the RPM it operates at is much higher causing greater stress on components but they still generally last a longer than a gas engine.
Reliability has yet to be seen(as a light truck engine, but the ISV5.0 is a very reliable commercial engine and has been for years) but there is zero evidence to conclude this wouldn't be a reliable truck so it's pretty ignorant to make claims either way without end user reviews or first hand experience.
Plus you're combining a V8 diesel with emissions equipment, all of which costs thousands to replace. I'm not s ford fanboy I'm actually a cummins fan. But facts be facts fords ecoboost engines are almost Diesel engines, the only difference is the PSI of the direct fluid injectors.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
But facts be facts fords ecoboost engines are almost Diesel engines, the only difference is the PSI of the direct fluid injectors.
I think you may be a little confused, a gas engine is very different then a diesel (.) I do not care what turbo or emission you add to it.

Reactions: pyro404

·
313 Posts
Photoshopped?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts