Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some good resolution images of the original design sketches for the Titan. These sketches were displayed at the Toronto International Autoshow.

The exterior theme was originally designed by Randy Rodriguez and the final production design was executed by Diane Allen at Nissan Design America.

The interior was designed by Steven Moneypenny.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/...christian-meunier-rich-miller-randy-rodriguez

Attachments

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can see variations in the lighting signature and you can see an interesting idea of lighting up the 'TITAN' in the front grill. Lets hope someone in the aftermarket world will make that happen.

·
88 Posts
Sometimes I wish the car ended up looking like the concept when it comes out. Concept sketches of the Titan XD look a lot different from what the model has become. These sketches give the Titan somewhat are a more aggressive look.

·
608 Posts
Sometimes I wish the car ended up looking like the concept when it comes out. Concept sketches of the Titan XD look a lot different from what the model has become. These sketches give the Titan somewhat are a more aggressive look.
I think that the Titan looks pretty close to the sketches actually. If anything is different, I think that it is the roofline. It is lower and more aggressive in the sketches, but I think it makes sense why such a design was altered for production. It was done for practicality's sake.

·
857 Posts
Sketch of the interior is amazing, years ago you could never imagine the interior of a truck looking so good, these days they are well equipped and have some high standards for what s included.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In person the truck looks much better than it photographs. Also we need to see one in all silver. The yellow and the brown colors are distracting.

·
88 Posts
Yeah for sure. All silver would definitely bring out more of the Titan's look. A much cleaner, neutral color. And I can't wait to see one in person that's when I'l get to see the real beauty of the truck. :)

·
608 Posts
I think this is a really cool concept drawing. The Greco-Roman helmet inspiring the front grille. Very cool.

As far as color, I am wanting to see a blue Titan, but I'm not even sure if they are going to be offering that as an option.

·
857 Posts
I think this is a really cool concept drawing. The Greco-Roman helmet inspiring the front grille. Very cool.

As far as color, I am wanting to see a blue Titan, but I'm not even sure if they are going to be offering that as an option.
That is indeed cool, helps to draw the dots on how this design came about.
With that in mind, it makes me appreciate the overall design better as I see how the rest of the titans design ties into that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts