Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As stated in another thread. Just got home from an extra long weekend. About 700km total towing my approx. 8500lb travel trailer loaded with gear but mostly empty tanks. Although some have an issue believing but it's very simple calculations and about a 13.5 U.S. mpg rating for the weekend.
Truck hasn't missed a beat. Will be doing approx 1500 more km towing by months end.

Just put in my third jug of def.

I have said many times, power wise from new to now feels much better. In reality it might not have changed much but there are tricks to driving this truck to really feel what it can do.
I drove the 5.6 xd and just wanted my 5L back.

Regen's for a period were coming more often but lasted half the time. But now they I'm logging more km between them but they are still taking less time to complete.

When I got its first oil change done. I was very firm no reflashes as I couldn't be happier with the way it's preforming. I know when I got the update flash done shortly into ownership it smoothed shifts out almost too much, but its got the original shift feel back again.

Still gets more attention then any vehicle I have owned, always being questioned. I did the cummins stickers just for the local ram boys.

For what I need a truck for and use it for, it couldn't be anymore a perfect truck.

·
430 Posts
As stated in another thread. Just got home from an extra long weekend. About 700km total towing my approx. 8500lb travel trailer loaded with gear but mostly empty tanks. Although some have an issue believing but it's very simple calculations and about a 13.5 U.S. mpg rating for the weekend.
Truck hasn't missed a beat. Will be doing approx 1500 more km towing by months end.

Just put in my third jug of def.

I have said many times, power wise from new to now feels much better. In reality it might not have changed much but there are tricks to driving this truck to really feel what it can do.
I drove the 5.6 xd and just wanted my 5L back.

Regen's for a period were coming more often but lasted half the time. But now they I'm logging more km between them but they are still taking less time to complete.

When I got its first oil change done. I was very firm no reflashes as I couldn't be happier with the way it's preforming. I know when I got the update flash done shortly into ownership it smoothed shifts out almost too much, but its got the original shift feel back again.

Still gets more attention then any vehicle I have owned, always being questioned. I did the cummins stickers just for the local ram boys.

For what I need a truck for and use it for, it couldn't be anymore a perfect truck.
No. I believe you were getting 14 or 13.5mpg. It's the way you put the information out there. At 60 mph I would expect you to get that or more. Most people tow on the highways at a faster clip. But you comparing it to the ram 2500 and F350, is where the numbers are deceptive. That F350 could have towed your and his trailer together and got the same mpg, as he got. You can put 6,000 or 16,000 behind them and it doesn't make much difference, at all. I think their unloaded mpg is 15 or 16, at best, so that's not far off from 12. Not sure about the Ram's cummins, but they are known to be similar in that regard.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I believe you were getting 14 or 13.5mpg. It's the way you put the information out there. At 60 mph I would expect you to get that or more. Most people tow on the highways at a faster clip. But you comparing it to the ram 2500 and F350, is where the numbers are deceptive. That F350 could have towed your and his trailer together and got the same mpg, as he got. You can put 6,000 or 16,000 behind them and it doesn't make much difference, at all. I think their unloaded mpg is 15 or 16, at best, so that's not far off from 12. Not sure about the Ram's cummins, but they are known to be similar in that regard.
Thanks for clearing that up.

But for me seeing those results first hand made me feel good about my choice on the xd. As I really considered the superduty. But I never have intentions of pulling 16000lbs. So the fact I got around 2 mpg better towing a slightly heavier trailer then the super duty was great in my eyes.
Yes you are probably right throw 16000lbs behind both trucks and do same trip again yes the F350 will get better mpg. But that's not what the xd was meant for.

·
224 Posts
I don’t know. Getting large enough accurate statistical samples is hard. Everyone has a different story, and very little is empirical. Fuelly does some graphing and eliminates outliers in the bell curve, and what I saw from the pool of 2015-16 Ram 2500/3500 CC owners (12-18mpg) and 2015-16 F250/350 CC owners (13-18mpg) was very similar to the mileage XD owners are seeing (13-18). There are lots of other diesel owners who are disappointed with mileage results, and it’s not limited to Nissan for sure. If you’re happy with your truck at the end of the day, then that’s all that matters.
MB

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/1600330-2015-mileage-questions-2.html
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/1854922-my-2016-2500-longhorn-mpg-update-4.html
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/759346-new-2015-f350-horrible-mileage-9.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts