Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased Gun Metallic SL 4wd yesterday. After visiting several Nissan dealers in a 200 mile radius, finally found a sales team as passionate to sell as I was to buy. If your ready to deal, pay a visit to Youngblood Nissan, Springfield Missouri, ask for Dustin. Drove the truck 170 miles home through the Ozark mountains. The Cummins flattened the steep hills with ease, lumbering along at 60 mph at 1500 rpm, rarely downshifting. The Titan has a presence on the road, solid but comfortable ride, planted in the curves. Averaged 19.2 mpg on 170 mile mountain trip. Ready to hookup the tt and hit the road.

Attachments

·
27 Posts
That is pretty good mileage driving that terrain. Some of those grades in that area are about as steep as it gets on paved road. Nice looking truck too.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had been test driving every new model for the past two years searching for the right truck to replace my 2004 GMC 2500 (not HD) an in between truck. None met my expectations until I researched and test drove the new Titan. The other light duty models fell short in on the road presence and the HDs fell short on ride comfort. For me it was an easy choice.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a week of ownership, still enjoying Titan XD. Yesterday while cruising interstate, dropped in behind 2 Dodge Cummins and for a short spurt of pavement we loped along at 100 mph. At that speed the Titan was just as quiet and suspension as composed as if I was doing 60 mph.

·
904 Posts
I have to agree with you. It is so easy to speed. I find myself too often looking down and unknowingly going 85 and it doesn't even feel like it

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engine break in procedure recommends loading the engine. Doing my best to comply. �� Enjoy your new truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts