Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 XD Diesel with 46000 miles. I just got the check engine light with the reduced power warning as well.
I read a lot of posts about the dreaded P00B7 Fault, which is an engine coolant level warning.
This is just my fix for this problem and for information only.
Just so you know, the coolant level sensor is located in the bottom of the overflow tank. The sensor is dry. Inside the tank is a float that rises and drops with coolant level. As a test, I removed the electrical connector to the level sensor. Although I still had the check engine light, the power reduced warning went away.
In my case, the sensor wasn't bad, it was the float inside the tank. It must have gotten saturated enough to not rise causing the check engine light and power reduction warning.
Nissan won't sell just the tank or just the sensor, they come as a set.
Once I replaced the tank, I did another scan. There error was gone, I cleared the check engine light, and all is well again.

554 Posts
Right, unplugging the sensor is a roadside fix to eliminate the reduced power warning (CEL will remain but allow you to push ahead) but you do have to replace the whole tank if it goes bad. Not the most expensive part...I ended up buying a low mileage one from a wrecking yard for about 50 bucks to have in case/when it happens. An easy fix if you have the part.

Glad you are back on the road again....

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! That is correct Vann5. Although, I kept the new sensor and used my old one, so now I have a new spare sensor just in case. I found a new tank assembly on eBay for around $130.

320 Posts
You can simply turn your sesnor a quarter counter clockwise to drop it. That will trick it to thinking the float is ok and all will be normal. Just check your coolant periodically, like you should, and you'll have a free fix. I saw the thread listed below and did it on my truck. It's been like that for ever since.

Picture from the provided thread.
Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts